Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell was born and raised in California and has been around since 1962. We went from selling everyone’s favorite Crunchy Tacos on the West Coast to a global brand with 7,500+ restaurants, 350 franchise organizations, that serve 42+ million fans each week around the globe. We’re not only the largest Mexican-inspired quick service brand (QSR) in the world, we’re also part of the biggest restaurant group in the world: Yum! Brands.
Much of our fan love and authentic connection with our communities are rooted in being rebels with a cause. From ensuring we use high quality, sustainable ingredients to elevating restaurant technology in ways that hasn’t been done before… we will continue to be inclusive, bold, challenge the status quo and push industry boundaries.
We’re a company that celebrates and advocates for different, has bold self-expression, strives for a better future, and brings the fun while we’re at it. We fuel our culture with real people who bring unique experiences. We inspire and enable our teams and the world to Live Más.
At Taco Bell, we’re Cultural Rebels. Want to join in on the passion-fueled fun? Learn more about the career below.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is seeking to add a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing Data and Analytics team. We are looking for a self-driven Data Engineer proficient with SQL & ETL pipelines who is familiar with Cloud technology preferably AWS and has scripting experience. You will work with cross-functional partners and third-party vendors to enrich our customer data assets by acquiring, organizing, and aggregating customer data from various sources to construct a full and accurate 360 view of our customers for use in direct/email marketing, targeted media campaigns, and analytics. You will build and own data pipelines to source, analyze, and validate data from internal and external customer data sources. This is a great opportunity to work on state-of-the-art data products in a friendly and fun environment.
- Design and develop highly scalable and extensible data pipelines from internal and external sources using cloud technology such as AWS, Airflow, Redshift, S3, Glue, HUDI framework, etc.
- Structure and transform datasets for multiple complex use cases, user stories, and related requirements within the Data Analytics and Product Team
- Collaborate with data product managers, data scientists, data analysts, and data engineers to document requirements and data specifications.
- Lead the way as a proactive, self-motivated contributor with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality performance efficient output working on tight schedules
- Drive code reviews and summarize complex data into usable, digestible datasets.
Is This You?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline; or equivalent years of experience
- At least 3+ years of experience building ETL pipelines using modern big data architectures
- Experience with AWS Ecosystem like Redshift, Athena, Kinesis, Glue, Airflow , and S3
- Expert knowledge in writing complex SQL and ETL development using large datasets.
- Experience integrating data from multiple data sources and file types such as JSON, Parquet, and Avro formats.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment with the ability to demonstrate great communication skills.
- Hybrid work schedule and year-round flex day Friday
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash,
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- Up to 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical & dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Discounts, free food, swag and… honestly, too many good benefits to name
Salary Range: $90,900 to $129,360 annually + bonus eligibility + equity (if applicable) + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
At Taco Bell, we Live Más and invite you to do the same. Take a seat at our table. Bring your voice. Bring you, just as you are, a Cultural Rebel. We want you to be your best self!
Taco Bell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equity, inclusion, and belonging for all dimensions of diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other protected characteristic.
Taco Bell is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities or special needs.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Employment eligibility to work with Taco Bell in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.