Concept and Procurement Designer
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Más” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Más Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
Taco Bell has been recognized as a leading innovator in the restaurant industry and even the business world. The Concept and Procurement Designer must be a highly creative and effective professional with broad retail restaurant design experiences. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the ability to create and execute innovative concepts and unique customer experiences. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing FF&E and documentation of all products for new concepts meeting/exceeding cost savings targets. They must be able to effectively collaborate with peers in the real estate, construction, engineering, operations and other key departments. We are looking for a knowledgeable, talented, multi-disciplined design leader (interior – architecture – procurement) who has the ability to balance business needs, aggressive timelines, functional goals and more while constantly pushing for high quality and standards.
- Ability to create, manage and deliver against project timelines
- Maintenance of prototypical construction document sets for remodels and new builds
- Creation and maintenance of prototypical tools for remodels and new builds
- Coordination of prototypical renderings for remodels and new builds
- Archival of prototypical CD sets, tools, renderings for remodels and new builds
- Maintenance of project timelines/schedules relating to prototypes and various special projects
- Communication/project coordination between in-house teams, field team, external consultants and suppliers
- Communicates project ideas through the use of sketches, computer design tools such as 3D modeling, AutoCAD, BIM (Revit), Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign), Blubeam Revu
- Prepares documents/decks relating to all phases of design in all manners of projects
- Development & Enhancement of “playbook” for both domestic and international development
- Gather qualitative and quantitative feedback leveraging data to provide actionable insights and innovative solutions that balance design adherence and operational needs
- Communicate effectively to drive alignment within project teams and across the organization on key milestones and decisions
- Confidently present operational learnings and recommendations to Senior Leadership, Franchisees and Above Restaurant field teams with clarity and ease
Is This You?
- 12+ years of Architectural / Interior Design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or equivalent
- Expertise in Retail Interiors design, client leadership, and technical development
- Procurement experience in retail and kitchen equipment.
- Project management in Retail Interiors and Architecture projects
- Effective people management skills
- Proficient in Excel, Revit or AutoCAD, photoshop and Sketchup
- International experience preferred.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year round half-day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon services
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top