Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About Yum! Brands
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has over 41,000 restaurants in more than 125 countries and territories. Yum! is ranked #228 on the Fortune 500 List with revenues of over $13 billion in 2014 and is one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders in North America. The Company's restaurant brands - KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell - are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. Outside the United States, the Yum! Brands system opens over five new restaurants per day on average, making it a leader in international retail development.
About the Job:
This position works with the European Marketing Manager in the design and delivery of strategies, plans and marketing initiatives that grow same-store sales and build brand equity of Taco Bell in the UK. The role offers immediate exposure to the management of the Menu, Calendar and Campaigns with consideration of insight, planning, and ATL/BTL/POS/Digital executions.
- Same store sales growth
- Increased brand awareness
- Relevant positioning of the Taco Bell brand
Menu & Calendar Management
• Develop the (rolling 12 month) UK Marketing Calendar focusing on Promotional Product Windows in conjunction with franchisees, based on market / consumer insights, seasonality and sales objectives
• Manage & execute the UK Marketing Calendar working with Franchisees, Product Development, Operations, Training, Supply Chain, IT and relevant agencies
• Following the Brand Strategy, manage all areas of the Menu, including but not limited to Pricing Strategy, Day Parting and Range Management in order to optimise the menu
• Analysis and evaluation of the Marketing Campaigns and executions
• Develop the (rolling 12 month) UK Marketing Plan focusing on Promotional Campaigns in conjunction with franchisees, based on market / consumer insights, seasonality and sales objectives
• Manage & execute the UK Marketing Plan working with Franchisees and relevant agencies ensuring multi-level integration.
• Analysis and evaluation of the Marketing Campaigns and executions
Digital and Social Media
• Develop and Manage the Social Media strategy including but not limited to the Social Media Content Calendar, Influencer Outreach and Digital Marketing
• Manage the Community Management Team and relationship with the agency
• Act as key marketing contact with franchisees to ensure appropriate concept definition & brand positioning to ensure success in the UK.
• Manage execution of all pre and post launch concept / consumer research.
• Work with franchisees to develop/execute a multi-level communications strategy for the brand.
• Source and manage agencies where appropriate for key marketing functions-PR, Marketing, Media, Digital etc.
New Store Openings & LSM Campaigns
• Work with franchisees to plan successful New Store Opening campaigns to achieve sustainable sales results
• Provide support and guidance to franchisees in the creation and execution of franchise lead LSM campaigns and activations
Manage Budget / Marketing Co-Op
• Manage and track marketing spend (UK) across all key activities
• Manage marketing communication cycle to franchisees and team.
• Be responsible for marketing best practice sharing and know how building across the region
Is This You?
• Minimum UK 2:1 or overseas equivalent Bachelor’s degree.
• We are looking for a passionate and driven aspiring marketer with minimum 5 years post degree industry experience, preferably in FMCG or retail
• Demonstrable, broad based commercial experience and a record of helping to drive profitability and market share within consumer products, services or retail environments
• Experience in Brand or Campaign Management or launching new products from conception to launch with proven business results
• Must have had consumer interface and be able to demonstrate how they have/would apply creative solutions to transform a business situation.
• Experience in franchising is preferable
The ability to
• Step-change Thinking: Ability to break complex challenges into component parts, have an excellent grasp of basic finance and commerce (i.e. P&L framework) and a strong understanding of how consumer, competitor and company factors inform business strategy and influence sales.
• Know-how Builder: Active interest and solicitation of feedback from others. A true passion for knowledge, looking for best practice from both explicit (books, courses, trainings) and tacit (people) sources.
• People Grower: Passion about leading teams and drive to get there one day soon. Possession of emerging leadership skills stemming either from post-graduation job experiences or from extra-curricular activities (or both!).
• Action Driver: Incredible drive to roll up the sleeves and get things done while focusing on actions that drive results. Passion to leave a positive mark. Flexibility in problem-solving in situations involving change. Natural incline towards collaboration and supporting other. Positive outlook on the value of team diversity and belief in all people.
• Great project management expertise.
*The role will involve some UK travel (ca. 4-5 days / month) and potentially one European / US trip per annum.
*The ability to be internationally mobile is preferable to have a global career with Yum!
Why Taco Bell?
A career with Yum! offers much more than just fantastic earning potential. We reward hard work and achievement with amazing incentives and benefits, including;
• Company and performance related bonus
• Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
• Private healthcare with the option to increase to include family cover and extra dental cover
• Annual holiday allowance starts at 25 days with the option to buy or sell up to 3 extra days per year
• After 5 years’ service, annual holiday allowance increases to 30 days
• Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
• We offer competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
• International career opportunities across Yum!
• Pick n Mix Benefits to convert them into your very own benefits plans that unique to you options including gym membership, health screening and travel insurance
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Global Marketing Manager
Billy’s job involves traveling the world to understand new cultures—all to make sure that Taco Bell is branded in a way that’s culturally relevant in diverse markets all around the globe.
Back to top