Attorney, International and Privacy
- Irvine, CA
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is looking for a transactional attorney with privacy experience to join its Contracts and IP Team within the Legal Department. While this position will directly report to the Director, Legal, he/she will provide legal support to all the departments within the RSC with a special focus on Taco Bell’s international teams.
The successful candidate will have a passion for providing world-class support by collaboratively working across business units and championing Taco Bell’s unique Live Más culture. He/she will be a high energy and detailed-oriented individual who is self-directed and able to easily adapt to multiple and changing priorities as well as a high volume of work, often under quick deadlines. The day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
- Preparing, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of domestic and international contracts including but not limited to vendor/supplier agreements, testing and development agreements, IT agreements, master service and/or product agreements and statements of work
- Working closely with Taco Bell’s various business units, including International, IT, Food Innovation, Operations and Engineering, etc., to understand the scope of their various projects and identify potential risks that will need to be addressed in order to support their contract needs
- Providing full-service legal support to our international team, including the review and approval of international contracts and international marketing initiatives
- Coordinating advice with local, outside counsel worldwide where necessary
- Providing advice and counsel on privacy and data security-related issues and managing privacy-related issues in contracts and internal processes
- Providing legal guidance to achieve business objectives while minimizing legal risks and liability
- Counseling clients on all matters related to contracts and working collaboratively with clients and department peers to develop solutions and provide a competitive advantage to the brand
- Using strong analytical skills throughout the contract negotiation process to protect the brand’s assets and reputation
- Effectively communicating to help drive alignment with clients and other business partners
If you’re a self-directed problem solver who has the ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams of people and to navigate through complex situations involving various parties and interests, then we are looking for you!
Is This You?
- Juris Doctorate degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3-4 years of legal transactional experience; relevant in-house transactional experience strongly preferred
- Experience structuring, drafting and negotiating contracts required
- Experience with Data Security and Privacy issues and IT contracts (including Cloud, SaaS) required
- Management experience required
- Experience in restaurant or retail industries preferred
- Experience in an organization with significant international presence preferred
- Licensed member in good standing of a State Bar
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with all levels of the organization including management, peers, and customers
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Strong problem solving skills with an analytical and business savvy approach
- Must be a team player with the ability to adapt in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other relevant computer system applications
- A passion for Taco Bell! We want you to be stoked about what we are doing here.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon services
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Back to top