Associate Manager, Organizational Development
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
The Organizational Development Manager will assess client needs/root cause analysis to drive the business and team performance. You’ll work closely with internal clients and HR business partners as well as develop strategies to improve team and organizational effectiveness. You’ll also translate strategies into tactics, objectives and metrics that will provide vision, knowledge and skill application.
- Internal Consulting: act as an internal consultative partner for business units in supporting managers / leaders, special projects, and team development and effectiveness. Some examples include:
- Diagnosis with the client
- Intervention design and analysis
- Process facilitation
- Talent Development: lead and support talent development initiatives, including but not limited to leadership development programs, workshops, performance management program, talent planning, and competencies
- Change Management: deliver an enterprise-wide change management approach to aid HR partners and the business to manage change effectively, considering communication aspects, implementation, and long term sustainability. Provide support where needed.
- Program Support: assist on other enterprise-wide OD programs with local and regional management and HR partners.
- Metrics: determine and drive appropriate evaluation methods for intervention and program effectiveness that measures change in capabilities and behavior.
- Instructional Design & Facilitation: Design and facilitate leadership development and OD-related training materials as needed
Is This You?
- Undergraduate degree in HR, Organizational Development, Business, or related field
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience as an Organizational Development specialist with track record of designing/developing strategies that drive performance improvement, drawing on different approaches that could include process improvement, organizational design, talent management, team effectiveness, and performance assessments.
- Experience working with HR Business Partners, Senior Level Leaders, and teams.
- Exceptional analytical skills and capacity for critical thinking, organization skills, project planning, working to meet specific timelines and deliverables and regularly communicate progress against goals
- Innovator, stays up to date on current trends in organizational development and stays current with what “best in class” organizations are doing with strategy, structure, and culture
- Proven track record performing well in fast-paced, dynamic environment where multiple projects and deadlines exist
- Able to work with minimal supervision, strong attention to detail and ability to effectively multi task
- Strong customer service focus with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to executional excellence, accountability and teamwork.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of corporate department structure and inter-relationships
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top