Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
Taco Bell has been recognized as a leading innovator in the restaurant industry and even the business world. The brand is looking for a highly motivated leader with demonstrated strength in project management, problem solving, and intellectual curiosity to serve as a Project Manager in the Operations Department.
The Associate Manager will be responsible for the development of breakthrough ideas and initiatives that enhance the team member / guest experience, simplify operations, and drive restaurant profitability.
This leader will lead cross-functional teams from an operational perspective to evolve how to operate a growing digital Taco Bell business. Their primary focus involves transforming employee roles, accountabilities, deployment, and restaurant routines using breakthrough ideas and technology systems. Ongoing responsibilities include design, validation, national launch strategies, field support, reporting, and internal field communications.
Lastly, this individual must enjoy mixing work with fun! Taco Bell is very proud of our exciting and innovative culture and is seeking individuals that truly enjoy coming to work each day!
- Strategic development and execution of multiple operation initiatives from concept phase to national launch.
- Independently lead multiple cross-functional teams from a variety of departments including Integration, Finance, Communication, Engineering, Training, and Reporting Partners.
- Maintain restaurant-level perspective for company and franchise units to minimize complexity and enable successful change management in 7,000+ restaurants.
- Use field insights to challenge current processes and methods and make recommendations for improvement.
- Drive sponsorship and alignment for projects with Taco Bell Leadership on key milestones and decisions.
- Travel to test markets (approx. 10% travel) to collect and provide feedback to teams and to understand whether or not each program is being executed as designed.
- Ensure awareness and attention to potential risks associated with assigned initiatives.
Is This You?
Must be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022, subject to reasonable accommodations. Proof of vaccination required.
- BA or BS required; analytical degree preferred (e.g., Engineering) MBA a plus
- 6+ years of project management experience with restaurants or consulting preferred
- Strong logical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to proactively develop creative solutions.
- Superb interpersonal communication skills, with ability to partner well with other team members
- Resourceful nature, with strong problem-solving and customer-service orientation
- Ability to impact & influence stakeholders - have productive conflict at a high level to drive desired outcomes.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to work independently, multi-task, and adapt to change in a complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
- Strong internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking and desire to have a large impact on our organization
- Must be able to travel domestically 10% of the time
- Frequent travel around the Southern California area is common. Local restaurants near the Restaurant Support Center provide quick access for early testing, observation, and feedback with our great Taco Bell teams before expanding to larger test areas.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.