Associate Concept Design Manager
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 400 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Más” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Más Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
Taco Bell has been recognized as a leading innovator in the restaurant category transforming the way we design and build restaurants. We are looking for a Designer to join our Concept team to continue to evolve and transform our restaurants all over the world as we reinvent the QSR industry catapulting us into a Category of One. The successful Associate Concept Design Manager candidate must be a highly creative and detailed professional with broad retail restaurant design experience. You must have a strong working knowledge of construction or fabrication and materials. You must be able to effectively manage consultants and collaborate with peers while consistently modeling Taco Bell’s unique Live Mas Culture.
- Generates multiple designs from leadership conceptual and strategic direction that support company goals.
- Confidently and effectively present designs and concepts to drive alignment within project teams through written and verbal presentations.
- Prioritize and manage timelines to effectively deliver solutions on time.
- Assess effectiveness of design by gathering qualitative and quantitative feedback and translate to new designs or modifications to existing design.
- Value engineer designs as needed.
- Create training material in the form of Design Guidelines/Playbook for franchisees and consultants.
Is This You?
- Think in pictures and 3 dimensions, and are obsessed with design.
- Love coming up with things that have never been done before, or trying things in different ways.
- Able to take something ambiguous and create something solid.
- Great visual and verbal communicator and a whiz with using sketches and computer design tools such as Sketchup, AutoCAD/Revit, Adobe Creative Suite etc.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in design related field and 5+ years of Architectural / Interior Design experience, preferably in restaurant design.
- Preferably have International and LEED design experience for global company.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year round half-day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon services
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
Back to top