Analyst, Strategic Development & Analysis
About the Job:
Taco Bell's bold goal is to open over 1,000 more stores by 2022 and is looking for a highly motivated individual with demonstrated strength in analytics, problem solving, intellectual curiosity, and relationship management to join as an Analyst on the Strategic Development and Analysis (SD&A) team, which reports to the COO. The SD&A team is responsible for driving Taco Bell growth and shareholder value via strategic asset and capital management.
The SD&A team is a dynamic point of entry into the Taco Bell organization, often serving as a launching point for various parts of the Taco Bell and Yum businesses. The team consists of a mix of development professionals, recent MBA hires and finance experts. This position is ideal for individuals with high accountability, strong analytical skills, great communication style, a partnership mentality, and comfort turning facts into recommendations. The chief responsibility of the SD&A Analyst is to support restaurant unit growth for Taco Bell. The individual will be responsible for providing strategic analysis, insights and recommendations on all stages of development investment decision-making, from market planning to store opening.
This is a demanding role where the individual will work regularly with partners in other functional areas, developers in the field, and Executive Team members. Therefore, communication skills are critical. The individual must be able to influence cross-functional business partners and effectively provide a point-of-view on complex business issues to team members and senior management from Finance, Real Estate, A&D, Construction, and Operations. Finally, this individual must enjoy having fun and working in a collaborative team culture!
- Support a development region by partnering closely with the Development Director and his team on market planning strategy and analytics
- Participate on development site rides to review potential development opportunities and ultimately present recommendations to senior development leaders..
- Develop strategic tools/programs to drive development with the support of competitive & financial analytics
- Evaluate financial impact of development opportunities (pro forma, break-even, IRR, NPV modeling, returns, impact, recovery)
- Develop insights and report on recent development investments to improve decision making
- Manage $100 million capital budget to ensure strong return strong returns to Yum! and its shareholders
- Create presentations for Taco Bell and YUM! Executive Teams on growth strategy
- Engage with Finance & Operations to understand all ramifications related to development and are incorporated into the plan and forecast
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Global Marketing Manager
Billy’s job involves traveling the world to understand new cultures—all to make sure that Taco Bell is branded in a way that’s culturally relevant in diverse markets all around the globe.
Back to top