Analyst, Cantina Development
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job
The launch of the Taco Bell Cantina concept debuted in 2015 and has since been growing throughout the country. With a focus on high density urban markets, Taco Bell Cantina marks a new age for the urban dining experience. The Taco Bell Cantina Development Team is looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to impact the growth of the organization through strategic thinking, project management, data analytics, and the ability to simplify complex issues in order to make informed recommendations. This role is perfectly suited for an individual looking to grow their career in corporate real estate development.
The Taco Bell Cantina Development Team supports the overall growth of the concept through building and managing the development project pipeline for the brand.
- Identify and prioritize market opportunities and partner with field development teams to build a strategic plan to execute
- Tour markets to evaluate development opportunities and present recommendations to senior leadership
- Pull insights from analyzing supporting data (demographics, customer patterns)
- Evaluate financial impact of development opportunities (pro forma, break-even, IRR, NPV, modeling, returns)
- Demonstrate clear communication through deck writing, map building, and presentation skills
- Develop insights from previous development investments to improve decision making
- Engage with cross functional partners to improve the Taco Bell Cantina business model for future opportunities
Is this you?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years relevant work experience (e.g., Real Estate Development, Corporate Finance, Consulting)
- Outstanding communication/presentation skills
- Demonstrated success working with cross functional partners
- Desire to grow within the organization
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, and multi-task in a complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top