Senior Backend Engineer
Read something interesting online to day? There's a good chance it reached you because of our technology.
Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune and Fox Sports.
Our R&D group is at the forefront of data science, deep learning, back-end data processing at scale and sophisticated front-end technologies. Our engineers work in small collaborative teams to architect massively scalable and reliable systems, and every one of has the potential to impact the way content reaches people all over the web.
As a Backend Engineer, you will:
- Develop one of the largest real time big data operation in the world to support over 20TB of new data every day
- Have end to end ownership: Design, build, ship, measure and maintain our backend services
- Collaborate with the brightest software engineers team members
- Influence directly on the way billions of people discover the internet
- Work on projects such as: Internet Personalization, Content Feed, Real Time Bidding, Video Recommendations and much more
Java, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Vertica, MySQL, HDFS, BigQuery, Docker, Linux.
What Experience you need:
- Experience developing large scale distributed systems
- Deep understanding of strong Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures systems, applications programming and multithreading programming
- 7+ years programming experience in Java or equivalent Object-Oriented language
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Highly Proficient in Linux environment
- BSc in computer science or equivalent
Nice to have:
- Experience in Big Data tools
- Knowledge in algorithms, data-mining and machine learning
Meet Some of Taboola's Employees
Team Lead, Latin American Account Management
Jennifer maintains long-lasting client relationships by regularly checking in with her accounts to ensure every campaign expectation is met—and exceeded.
Back to top