Senior Backend Developer
Taboola is widely recognized as the world’s leading content discovery platform, reaching 750M unique visitors and serving over 300 billion recommendations every month.
Publishers, marketers, and agencies use Taboola to retain users on their site, monetize their traffic and distribute their content to drive high quality audiences. Publishers using Taboola include USA Today, NYTimes, TMZ, Politico.com, BusinessInsider, CafeMom, Billboard.com, Fox Television, Weather.com, Examiner, and many more. You may have seen our tagline on many of our widgets out there -- Content You May Like.
Taboola’s Engineering Group builds high-scale, web and mobile e-commerce applications that run non-stop around the globe. We work in small collaborative teams to architect massively scalable and reliable systems.
Taboola’s is looking for an exceptionally talented, intelligent and driven backend developer interested in pursuing challenging assignments in a fast paced, results oriented start up
- Help build Taboola’s various backend services, from data recommendation serving to data analysis.
- Development of highly scalable, highly performant solutions, which serve billions of recommendations per day.
- Work closely with Product to reach an optimal technological solution
- Excellent Java developer, or equivalent Object Oriented language (C++/C#) with 7+ years’ experience - emphasis on highly scalable environments
- BSc in computer science or equivalent (such as relevant army service)
- A strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, systems and applications programming and multi-threading programming
- Highly Proficient in Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with SQL (Oracle, MySQL, SQL server) and NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis...)
- Experience in Apache Spark or other MapReduce based technologies
- Experience with Cassandra (or other NoSQL technologies)
- Proven interest in algorithms, data-mining, machine learning and/or large scale systems (follows blogs, excelled at relevant courses, up-to-date on recent developments etc.)
Meet Some of Taboola's Employees
Publishers Sales Manager
Jean-Baptiste exponentially grows Taboola’s platform by increasing client traffic and supplying target audiences with interesting and relevant content across emerging markets in Eastern Europe and Africa.
Back to top