Scale and Big Data Engineer
Taboola is widely recognized as the world’s leading content discovery and distribution platform that now serves over 360 billion editorial and video recommendations to over 1 billion unique visitors every month.
Publishers, marketers, and agencies leverage Taboola's platform to retain users on their sites, monetize their traffic, and distribute their content to drive high-quality audiences. Taboola's technology analyzes real-time user data (such as geography, device type, referral source, collaborative filtering, and social media trends) to predict the top handful of items a user may want to consume next. Taboola's partners include a wide network of top tier publisher sites, including: MSN, NBC Universal, USA TODAY, Business Insider, Bloomberg and The Weather Channel.
You may have seen our tagline on many of our widgets out there -- Content You May Like.
Taboola’s Engineering Team builds high-scale, web and mobile e-commerce applications that run non-stop around the globe. We work in small collaborative teams to architect massively scalable and reliable systems.
Taboola's SPD group (Scale, Performance, Data) deals with the entire software platform. We are searching for exceptionally talented, intelligent and driven Software Reliability Engineers that can join us to build a better scalable platform.
Scale and Big Data Engineer at Taboola means we trust you and put the keys to the production environment in your hands.
You will find yourself doing a wide range of tasks as:
- Development of large-scale distributed data infrastructure
- Versatile work with frontend and backend services
- Working with cutting edge big data technologies
- Solving production issues in the framework code
- Proactively improving performance & reliability of the different services
- Excellent Java developer (equivalent Object Oriented language is acceptable) with at least 4 years’ experience - emphasis on highly scalable environments
- A strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, systems and applications programming and multithreading programming
- Highly Proficient in Linux/Unix environment
- Proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong database experience, MySQL preferred
- Proven interest in data-mining, machine learning and/or large scale systems- advantage
- Experience in any of the following – Spark, Cassandra, Hadoop, Vertica and Kafka– a plus
Meet Some of Taboola's Employees
Director, Media Account Management
Andrew leads Taboola's Media Accounts Department and oversees its members needs. He makes sure Taboola delivers on its initiatives and ensures advertisers receive big benefits for their businesses.
Back to top