Scale and Big Data Engineer
Taboola is widely recognized as the world’s leading content discovery platform, reaching 1B+ unique visitors and serving over 300 billion recommendations every month. This means our system receives 100sK QPS, close to 10TB of incoming daily data, all of which needs to be handled in real time to provide personalized recommendations.
You may have seen our tagline on many of our widgets out there -- Content You May Like.
Taboola’s R&D builds high-scale top of the line service and applications that run non-stop around the globe. We work in small collaborative teams to architect massively scalable and reliable systems.
Taboola's SPD group (Scale, Performance, Data) deals with the entire software platform. We are searching for exceptionally talented, intelligent and driven Software Reliability Engineers that can join us to build a better scalable platform.
Scale and Big Data Engineer at Taboola means we trust you and put the keys to the production environment in your hands.
You will find yourself doing a wide range of tasks as:
- Development of large-scale distributed data infrastructure
- Versatile work with front-end and back-end services
- Working with cutting edge big data technologies
- Solving production issues in the framework code
- Proactively improving performance & reliability of the different services
- Excellent Java developer (equivalent Object Oriented language is acceptable) with at least 4 years’ experience - emphasis on highly scalable environments
- A strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, systems and applications programming and multithreading programming
- Highly Proficient in Linux/Unix environment
- Proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong database experience, MySQL preferred
- Proven interest in data-mining, machine learning and/or large scale systems- advantage
- Experience in any of the following – Spark, Cassandra, Hadoop, Vertica and Kafka– a plus
Back to top