Read something interesting online today? There's a good chance it reached you thanks to our technology.
Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune and Fox Sports.
As an Ops Engineer, you will:
- Build and scale Taboola's production infrastructure, focusing specifically on the Linux environment.
- Combine open-source and commercial technologies to build services that will have an impact on the business.
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse operating systems and applications, and make them work well together
- Find ways to leverage the scale and complexity of Taboola recommendation infrastructure.
- Do the final escalation point for issues related to OPS engineering.
- Produce systems that are scalable, automated, and well-documented, collaborating with the team and passing the information forward.
- Work closely with developers in supporting new features and services, software releases and troubleshoot problems.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
What Experience do you need?
- Ability to work with multiple projects in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- 5-7 years’ system administration experience working in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with Devops methodologies
- Coding ability. Expert knowledge in bash scripting and ability to code in at least one of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Go, Lua and ability to learn new languages.
- Familiar with Git (as a user).
- Experience working with common monitoring tools. Prometheus, influxdb, Graphite, Sensu, PD.
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Nginx, Varnish, DHCP, SSH, Bind and more.
- Knowledge with Virtualization and containers technologies
- Team player with excellent troubleshooting and communications skills.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of physical servers and network gears – Advantage
- Experience with puppet, foreman, consul, nomad, mesos and Docker - Advantage
- Knowledge with CDN technologies – Advantage
- Vast experience and expert knowledge with some configuration management tools and schedulers.
Meet Some of Taboola's Employees
Director, Media Account Management
Andrew leads Taboola's Media Accounts Department and oversees its members needs. He makes sure Taboola delivers on its initiatives and ensures advertisers receive big benefits for their businesses.
Back to top