Media sales manager Japan
Taboola is widely recognized as the world’s leading content discovery and distribution platform with more than 10+ billion recommendations served every day and over 5+ million pieces of content in our marketplace. Taboola’s service is used by publishers to recirculate their own traffic by generating personalized on-site content recommendations. Taboola also enables agencies, brands & publishers to acquire high quality traffic and unique-users by recommending their content as third party content, which populates Taboola’s platform throughout our network.
We are looking for a high performing and driven Sales Manager to grow Taboola’s content supply. The Sales manager in Japan will be expected to identify, engage and cement partnerships in order to expand and diversify offered content. The candidate should be a strong, deal-oriented professional who can source, prospect and structure content marketing deals independently.
Responsibilities and skills:
- Understanding of digital technology & revenue ecosystem and explain product benefits within this context
- Well connected with media suppliers in Japan
- Sell multiple products to clients by finding the right stakeholders for each product, without digressing from a coherent product message and overall strategy
- Manage a robust pipeline and accurately forecast new business closure rate and revenue booked
- Work closely with APAC team to consistently achieve and exceed revenue goals.
- Interact with the Account Management team to effectively manage client expectations and ensure successful campaign management
- Convey field intelligence to product management teams in regard to development features
- Independently build a large pipeline of leads, pursue them and close deals.
- Manage presentations, build relationships and negotiate contracts within the Japanese Market
- 4+ years in a key sales position, preferably at a digital media company, working with Japanese clients.
- Significant experience in structuring and negotiating deals, such experience within the digital media space in Japan – a great advantage
- A true passion for online content, and a strong sales drive with an ability to build strategic partnerships
- Strong analytical skills to collect business intelligence by conversing with clients and monitoring/identifying trends in data and in generated reports
- Excellent technological skills and ability to quickly learn what is needed to support the campaigns successful implementation and optimization
- Excellent written and conversational in Japanese and English.
- The will and ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment and learn, learn, learn!
Back to top