Media Account Director - ANZ Market
Taboola is widely recognized as the world’s leading content discovery and distribution platform that now serves over 360 billion editorial and video recommendations to over 1 billion unique visitors every month. Publishers, marketers, and agencies leverage Taboola's platform to retain users on their sites, monetize their traffic, and distribute their content to drive high-quality audiences. Taboola's technology analyzes real-time user data (such as geography, device type, referral source, collaborative filtering, and social media trends) to predict the top handful of items a user may want to consume next. Taboola's partners include a wide network of top tier publisher sites, including: MSN, NBC Universal, USA TODAY, Business Insider, Bloomberg and The Weather Channel.
The Account Director will be directly responsible for managing a team of Account managers across the ANZ region together with managing a book of business and identifying up-sell/optimization opportunities at scale. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, analytical and have outstanding relationship management skills.
Responsibilities and skills:
- Manage and grow relationships with media clients and agencies through a high performing account management team.
- Understand the organisation’s business needs and develop relationships at all levels – working closely with Country Managers and Regional Heads.
- Monitor and analyse metrics and proactively take steps to improve results across the region, through the wider account management team.
- Communicate regularly with AM groups across the global offices, staying up to date with best practices, adopting and adjusting them to the APAC market in collaboration with Regional Director.
- Oversee campaign launches across the team
- Campaign management – working with the AM team to help them hit their campaign goals, budgeting and scaling – mentoring and coaching them in order to help them grow their accounts and grow professionally.
- Proactive consultation - ensuring that clients are following best practice and maximizing every opportunity to achieve account success on the platform.
- Mentor and lead a multi-lingual team across the region.
- Be an expert in all things Taboola, sharing your knowledge with the AM team to ensure continuous improvement and knowledge building.
- Being a thought leader in all digital advertising topics
- Working successfully with agencies and key Global brands to increase Taboola's awareness and footprint
- Prior senior account management role in Adtech.
- Strong analytical skills to collect business intelligence by conversing with clients and monitoring/identifying trends in data and in generated reports
- Experience managing performance/direct response campaigns
- Significant experience of creating presentation decks with PowerPoint
- Outstanding relationship management and customer service skills
- Experience of managing accounts from more than one location – essential
- Experience in optimising towards higher conversion rates, and lower CPA's
- Understanding the importance of ROI for performance advertisers
- Excellent technological skills and ability to quickly learn what is needed to support the campaigns successful implementation and optimisation
- Outstanding relationship management and customer-facing skills
- A true passion for online content and in-depth knowledge of web marketing
- Ability to lead a multi-lingual account management team and lead by example
- Experience setting goals and managing performance to get the best out of the individual and the wider team
Back to top