LINUX System Engineer
Build and scale Taboola production infrastructure, focusing specifically on the Linux environment.
- Combine open-source and commercial technologies to build services that will have an impact on the business
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse operating systems and applications, and make them work well together
- Find ways to leverage the scale and complexity of Taboola recommendation infrastructure.
- Be the final escalation point for issues related to IT Linux systems.
- Produce systems that are scalable, automated, and well-documented, and train others to take on operations.
- Team player with excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Responsible with experience dealing with production environments.
- Work closely with developers in supporting new features and services, software releases and troubleshoot problems
- Participate in 24/7 on call rotation.
- Ability to work with multiple projects with competing priorities in an extremely fast-paced environment
- 5 years system administration experience working in a Linux environment especially CentOS
- Experience with big data environments such as Cassandra and Hadoop
- Coding ability. Expert knowledge in bash scripting and ability to code in at least one of the following languages in required: ruby, Python ,perl
- Knowledge of physical servers and switches
- Experience working with common monitoring and configuration management tools such as Puppet,Nagios,Graphite, Sensu, Foreman
- Ruthlessly bent on automation, efficient, and self-service
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Nginx, Squid, NFS, DHCP, SSH, Bind, and SNMP
- Virtualisation,Storage systems and Network experience, a plus
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team
Back to top