Taboola is looking for a Linux oriented MySQL experienced DBA with knowledge in noSQL to run our production and lab activities and support the R&D team.
On job coding and application deep diving is a common activity. Working on all aspects of the data, from ETL to reports to optimizing the access and structure of the data is all in a day’s work. This is a dynamic web environment at large scales with production IT orientation.
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing R&D operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with R&D; evaluating current systems;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems and plans database expected growth.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Maintains Cassandra Clusters, Vertica Clusters and large scale MySQL databases.
- 5 years’ experience as a MySQL or Oracle DBA. Must know replication, optimization and tuning.
- Knowledge of technologies such as application servers and web services (Apache)
- Scripting knowledge (python/bash/perl)
- In depth Linux system knowledge
- NoSQL knowledge such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark and such.
- Able to work independently
- Excellent English
- Experience in web facing environments
- Hands on experience with NoSQL
- Knowledge in PL SQL or Java
Back to top