Taboola is looking for a Linux oriented experienced DBA to run our production and lab activities and support the R&D team.
On job coding and application deep diving is a common activity. Working on all aspects of the data, from ETL to reports to optimizing the access and structure of the data is all in a day’s work. This is a dynamic web environment at large scales with production IT orientation.
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing R&D operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with R&D; evaluating current systems;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Design and implement ETL processes for multiple data sources
- Utilize data management capabilities to automate data transformations, monitoring and reporting
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Maintain Cassandra Clusters, Vertica Clusters, large scale MySQL databases, BigQuery and Hadoop eco-systems
- 3 years experience as Data Engineer or DBA. Must know replication, optimization and tuning.
- Knowledge of technologies such as application servers and web services (Apache)
- In depth Linux system knowledge
- NoSQL knowledge such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark and such.
- Able to work independently
- Excellent English
Nice To Have:
- Experience in web facing environments
- Hands on experience with Puppet
- Knowledge in Angular and NodeJS
Meet Some of Taboola's Employees
Team Lead, Latin American Account Management
Jennifer maintains long-lasting client relationships by regularly checking in with her accounts to ensure every campaign expectation is met—and exceeded.
Back to top