Collections Specialist – APAC
Taboola is widely recognised as the world’s leading content discovery and distribution platform with more than 300 billion recommendations served every day and over 5 million pieces of content in our marketplace. Taboola’s service is used by publishers to re circulate their own traffic by generating personalized on-site content recommendations. Taboola also enables agencies, brands & publishers to acquire high quality traffic and unique-users by recommending their content as third party content, which populates Taboola’s widgets throughout our network of Tier 1 publishers. Those publishers include Business Insider, The Daily Mail, The Independent, Elle, Cosmopolitan and many more
Managing APAC customer accounts that fall into arrears; effectively and efficiently collecting on these accounts.
This is a high touch customer facing role. To be successful in this role you must be a self-motivated individual who has excellent planning and organizational skills. You need to be a good communicator with strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Spearheading collection process from customers.
- Closely works with the account managers and sales team to resolve all open issues with customers up to their required resolution.
- Contact clients regarding overdue receivables, including determining client payment cycle, establishing payment plans, providing historical billing data and resolving disputes and questions regarding receivables
- Draft and send collection letters as necessary
- Perform daily bank reconciliation of all receipts, refunds, and write-offs processed.
- Forecast large receivables monthly and at year-end; and provide management with status reports on large, aged receivables
- Assist in coordinating the monthly reminder statement procedures, including updating and maintaining appropriate databases and examining statements for exactness and accuracy; and monitor escrow and unallocated accounts
- Monitor bankruptcy clients including providing information for proofs of claim to be filed. Assure balances are written down accordingly to ensure realistic receivables
- Optimizing quality of portfolio through implementing effective credit control policies.
- Setting a credit rating for customers and for countries based on payments morality, economical situation and financial statements
- Communicate with department management regarding trends, partner concerns and client requests; and make recommendations for improved efficiencies
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree qualified
- Fluent in English Superior written and spoken communication skills other languages an advantage
- Collections experience, Accountancy or finance related work experience a huge plus
- Excellent telephone technique and the ability to work with numbers
- Excellent communication, writing, oral/phone and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Effectively prioritizing collection tasks
- Intuitive and proactive in problem solving.
- Desire to forge a career in finance
- A true team player
- Assertive character
- International orientation
Meet Some of Taboola's Employees
Director, Media Account Management
Andrew leads Taboola's Media Accounts Department and oversees its members needs. He makes sure Taboola delivers on its initiatives and ensures advertisers receive big benefits for their businesses.
Back to top