Collections Specialist – APAC
Taboola is widely recognised as the world’s leading content discovery and distribution platform with more than 300 billion recommendations served every day and over 5 million pieces of content in our marketplace. Taboola’s service is used by publishers to re circulate their own traffic by generating personalized on-site content recommendations. Taboola also enables agencies, brands & publishers to acquire high quality traffic and unique-users by recommending their content as third party content, which populates Taboola’s widgets throughout our network of Tier 1 publishers. Those publishers include Business Insider, The Daily Mail, The Independent, Elle, Cosmopolitan and many more
Managing APAC customer accounts that fall into arrears; effectively and efficiently collecting on these accounts.
This is a high touch customer facing role. To be successful in this role you must be a self-motivated individual who has excellent planning and organizational skills. You need to be a good communicator with strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Spearheading collection process from customers.
- Closely works with the account managers and sales team to resolve all open issues with customers up to their required resolution.
- Contact clients regarding overdue receivables, including determining client payment cycle, establishing payment plans, providing historical billing data and resolving disputes and questions regarding receivables
- Draft and send collection letters as necessary
- Perform daily bank reconciliation of all receipts, refunds, and write-offs processed.
- Forecast large receivables monthly and at year-end; and provide management with status reports on large, aged receivables
- Assist in coordinating the monthly reminder statement procedures, including updating and maintaining appropriate databases and examining statements for exactness and accuracy; and monitor escrow and unallocated accounts
- Monitor bankruptcy clients including providing information for proofs of claim to be filed. Assure balances are written down accordingly to ensure realistic receivables
- Optimizing quality of portfolio through implementing effective credit control policies.
- Setting a credit rating for customers and for countries based on payments morality, economical situation and financial statements
- Communicate with department management regarding trends, partner concerns and client requests; and make recommendations for improved efficiencies
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree qualified
- Fluent in English Superior written and spoken communication skills other languages an advantage
- Collections experience, Accountancy or finance related work experience a huge plus
- Excellent telephone technique and the ability to work with numbers
- Excellent communication, writing, oral/phone and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Effectively prioritizing collection tasks
- Intuitive and proactive in problem solving.
- Desire to forge a career in finance
- A true team player
- Assertive character
- International orientation
Meet Some of Taboola's Employees
Publishers Sales Manager
Jean-Baptiste exponentially grows Taboola’s platform by increasing client traffic and supplying target audiences with interesting and relevant content across emerging markets in Eastern Europe and Africa.
Back to top