Big Data Engineer
Taboola is widely recognized as the world’s leading content discovery and distribution platform that now serves over 360 billion editorial and video recommendations to over 1 billion unique visitors every month.
Publishers, marketers, and agencies leverage Taboola's platform to retain users on their sites, monetize their traffic, and distribute their content to drive high-quality audiences. Taboola's technology analyzes real-time user data (such as geography, device type, referral source, collaborative filtering, and social media trends) to predict the top handful of items a user may want to consume next. Taboola's partners include a wide network of top tier publisher sites, including: MSN, NBC Universal, USA TODAY, Business Insider, Bloomberg and The Weather Channel.
Taboola algorithms team
At the Taboola algorithms team, we build machine learning algorithms that predict the user’s behavior and find the right recommendations at the right time – at web scale.
Due to the online nature of Taboola’s business, algorithmic improvements done by our researchers have an immediate, significant and measurable impact on the company’s revenue. Therefore the algorithms team in Taboola sits right at core of the company’s business.
The team is responsible for the entire algorithmic life-cycle in the company: data analytics, prototyping of new ideas, implementing algorithms in a production environment and then monitoring and maintaining them.
By Joining Taboola’s algorithms team, you’ll be able to catch up with some of the hottest trends in today’s job market: machine learning, big data analytics and cloud computing.
As a Big Data Engineer, you will:
- Apply your engineering experience towards building machine learning pipelines in huge scale
- Turn algorithm prototypes into shippable products that will have a significant impact on the company’s success
- Experiment with new computational tools and big data technologies
We Are Looking For:
- You have been developing software in highly scalable environments for a while
- You quickly come up with usable ideas and implement them efficiently and elegantly
- You have at least a B.Sc. in computer science, engineering or a related field
- You pick up new technologies quickly and know how to choose the right tools for every job
- You are an excellent coder, proficient in at least one compiled language (e.g. C++, Java) and one scripting language (e.g. Python, R)
- You are highly proficient in Linux/Unix environments
- Experience developing software within a distributed computation framework (e.g., Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience using non-relational databases (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, HDFS)
- Proven interest in algorithms, data-mining, machine learning and/or large scale systems (follows blogs, excelled at relevant courses, up-to-date on recent developments etc.)
Meet Some of Taboola's Employees
Publishers Sales Manager
Jean-Baptiste exponentially grows Taboola’s platform by increasing client traffic and supplying target audiences with interesting and relevant content across emerging markets in Eastern Europe and Africa.
Back to top