Big Data Engineer (Algorithms team)
Taboola is widely recognized as the world’s leading content discovery platform, reaching 750M unique visitors and serving over 300 billion recommendations every month.
Publishers, marketers, and agencies use Taboola to retain users on their site, monetize their traffic and distribute their content to drive high quality audiences. Publishers using Taboola include USA Today, NYTimes, TMZ, Politico.com, BusinessInsider, CafeMom, Billboard.com, Fox Television, Weather.com, Examiner, and many more.You may have seen our tagline on many of our widgets out there -- Content You May Like.
Taboola algorithms team
At the Taboola algorithms team, we build machine learning algorithms that predict the user’s behavior and find the right recommendations at the right time – at web scale.
Due to the online nature of Taboola’s business, algorithmic improvements done by our researchers have an immediate, significant and measurable impact on the company’s revenue. Therefore the algorithms team in Taboola sits right at core of the company’s business.
The team is responsible for the entire algorithmic lifecycle in the company: data analytics, prototyping of new ideas, implementing algorithms in a production environment and then monitoring and maintaining them.
By Joining Taboola’s algorithms team, you’ll be able to catch up with some of the hottest trends in today’s job market: machine learning, big data analytics and cloud computing.
As an Big Data Engineer, you will:
- Apply your engineering experience towards building machine learning pipelines in huge scale.
- Turn algorithm prototypes into shippable products that will have a significant impact on the company’s success.
- Experiment with new computational tools and big data technologies.
We Are Looking For:
- You have been developing software in highly scalable environments for a while.
- You quickly come up with useable ideas and implement them efficiently and elegantly.
- You have at least a B.Sc. in computer science, engineering or a related field.
- You pick up new technologies quickly and know how to choose the right tools for every job.
- You are an excellent coder, proficient in at least one compiled language (e.g. C++, Java) and one scripting language (e.g. Python, R).
- You are highly proficient in Linux/Unix environments.
- Experience developing software within a distributed computation framework (e.g., Hadoop, Spark).
- Experience using non-relational databases (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, HDFS).
- Proven interest in algorithms, data-mining, machine learning and/or large scale systems (follows blogs, excelled at relevant courses, up-to-date on recent developments etc.)
Back to top