TSST- Cyber Security Specialist
- Tokyo, Japan
LocationTokyo, Japan Supporting Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Number of Openings1 Clearance Description
The Cybersecurity Specialist shall provide multi-disciplined security guidance and mentorship to include assisting JMOD F35 Security Program Participants. The Cybersecurity Specialist shall possess demonstrated experience with U.S. federal government information assurance and cybersecurity programs, including certifying and accrediting IT systems using the RMF/JSIG. The Cybersecurity Specialist shall possess specific experience creating and maintaining various security documents, to include the Security Control Plan/Vulnerability Security Review, System Backup and Recovery Plans, and Plan of Action and Milestone Tables. The Cybersecurity Specialist will be entrusted to provide USG cybersecurity guidance to JMOD F-35 Security Program Participants. The Cybersecurity Specialist shall coordinate efforts with the Security Specialist and the Physical Security Specialist. Specific tasks shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist JMOD F-35 Security Program Participants to plan, develop, implement, and maintain programs, policies, and procedures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems, networks, and data.
- Monitor the compliance of JMOD F-35 Security Program Participants with requirements for authorized F-35 information systems through on-site visits and email/telephone communication.
- Train JMOD F-35 Security Program Participants appointed cybersecurity personnel on cybersecurity best practices, procedures, industry standards, processes, and protocols.
- Assist JMOD F-35 Security Program Participants to develop, administer, and conduct cybersecurity training.
- Assist JMOD F-35 Security Program Participants Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to conduct risk assessments as required on authorized F-35 Information Systems IAW USG cybersecurity regulations and policies.
- Assist JMOD F-35 Security Program Participants to ensure IA-related components proposed for use in F-35 Information Systems comply with National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) or Common Criteria standards.
- Assist JMOD F-35 Security Program Participants to identify information protection needs for all Japan F-35 programs Information Systems (IS) to include the following.
- Interpret and promulgate IS security requirements in accordance with applicable policies and requirements.
- Review Assessment and Authorization packages at each step of the RMF/JSIG process and provide feedback addressing deficiencies prior to submittal to JPO Security Control Assessors.
- Provide subject matter expert input regarding cybersecurity requirements to be included in statements of work and other appropriate acquisition documents.
- Ensure that information system(s) design support the incorporation of DoD directed information assurance vulnerability solutions, e.g., Assured Compliance Assessment Solutions.
- Review IS architectures and designs for compliance with the requisite DoD confidentiality, integrity, and availability categorization requirements.
- Assess threats to and vulnerabilities of Japan F-35 program IS.
- Identify, assess, and recommend cybersecurity-enabled products for use within an IS; ensure recommended products are in compliance with the DoD evaluation and validation requirements such as NIAP and/or Common Criteria.
- Ensure the implementation of security controls properly mitigate identified threats.
- Assess the effectiveness of information protection measures used by the IS.
- Evaluate security architectures and designs and provide input as to the adequacy of security designs and architectures proposed or provided in response to requirements contained in acquisition documents.
- Ensure security deficiencies identified during testing have been mitigated, corrected, or a risk acceptance has been obtained by the appropriate Authorizing Official or Designated Authorizing Official.
- Provide contract deliverable input to the TSST Lead.
- Perform administrative tasks as directed by TSST Lead and/or Program Manager.
- Assist the TSST lead with general security tasks as require.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Minimum of 3-10 years specialized security experience.
- CISSP or similar relevant certification IAW DoD 8570.
- Certification & Accreditation
- Understanding of Plan of Action & Milestone Tables.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required by the employee. There may be additional activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee that are not listed in this job description
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
System High is proud to employ U.S. Military Veterans. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new, exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
System High Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Additional Information About the OrganizationFrom our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career. EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top