Technology Protection Engineer (AL) - 0003
Number of Openings 1
- Minimum of Secret clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI).
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Individual must have a Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
- Must achieve TPE Certification within 6 months
- Prior industry experience desired, but not required.
- Prior DoD experience desired, but not required.
Technology Protection Engineers (TPEs) provide Research, Development and Acquisition protection assistance to activities and supporting government organizations, as well as Research and Technology Protection (RTP) support to technology initiatives as part of Rapid Deployment Initiatives (RDI) or Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) efforts. The TPE provides operational and administrative security support services to basic and advanced RD&A programs at laboratory, project and vendor locations. The TPE researches and analyzes RD&A engineering and programmatic documentation and recommends appropriate security priorities and objectives to assist in the identification and protection of Critical Program Information (CPI). As required, the TPE conducts RTP training for both government and contractor personnel.
Success is demonstrated by the effective application of standardized systems security engineering principles and the integration of foreign intelligence threat evaluations, vulnerability analyses, risk assessments and customer needs to assist the customer in the identification and protection of CPI, while minimizing impact to cost, schedule or performance issues.
TPE duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Effectively analyze and apply the required research and technology protection (RTP) techniques, and integrate those processes and procedures across the many intelligence and security domains.
- Develop policies and best practices to effectively support the Program Protection Planning process, to include Operational Security (OPSEC), Security Classification Management (SCM), Technology Assessment/Control Plan (TA/CP), Delegation of Disclosure Authority Letter (DDL) and other essential RTP documentation to ensure CPI is properly identified and protected.
- Facilitate Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in the analysis of programs for potential CPI, the evaluation and identification of CPI, and the development and recommendation of appropriate countermeasures to protect CPI to program management for their consideration.
- Draft and staff appropriate program security documentation for Program and Project Management that ensures CPI is identified and protected during the life cycle of the technology or project.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Basic understanding of engineering principles to include: Systems Security Engineering (SSE), Enterprise Development Life Cycle (EDLC), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Systems Acquisition Life Cycle (ALC).
- Basic understanding of the various security disciplines such as Physical Security (PHYSEC), Personnel Security (PERSEC), Information System Security (INFOSEC), Industrial Security (INDUSEC), and Cyber Security
- Basic knowledge of the various intelligence disciplines of Human Intelligence (HUMINT), Imagery Intelligence (IMINT), Communications Intelligence (COMINT), Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT), Measurement and Signature Intelligence (MASINT), Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), Cyber Intelligence/Data Network Intelligence (CYBINT/DNINT), Technology Intelligence (TECHINT).
- Working knowledge of Executive Order 13526, the NISPOM and the NISPOM Overprint, ICD series, and DCID series and appropriate DoD and Service Directives, Regulations, Instructions and guidelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, analytical skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Strong group facilitation and teaching skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the month
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top