Technology Protection Engineer - Aberdeen, MD - 0003
Number of Openings 1
Clearance Must have a current (TS/SCI).
Location: Aberdeen or Edgewood, MD
- Must have a current (TS/SCI).
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Individual must have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Any Discipline) with three years of experience.
- Technology Protection Engineers (TPEs) work in the Army Research and Technology Protection Center (ARTPC). The TPE researches and analyzes Research, Development, and Acquisition (RD&A) engineering and programmatic documentation and facilitates Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to help identify Critical Program Information (CPI). CPI is defined as a U.S. capability element that contributes to the warfighters' technical advantage, which, if compromised, undermines U.S. military preeminence. Once CPI is identified, the TPE works with program engineers, security, and counterintelligence personnel to assess threats to the technology, identify risks, and recommend protection measures which help ensure U.S. Soldiers maintain technological overmatch of their adversaries on the battlefield. The TPE also aids in identifying the critical functions of the technology in order to initiate the Supply Chain Risk Management activities which ensure malicious logic and counterfeit components are not present in the weapon system.
- A successful TPE candidate needs to possess a general knowledge of engineering principles and the ability to self-study and research a wide range of advanced technology. Once hired, the candidate will be trained in RD&A and Program Protection activities. Upon successful completion of the training program, they will be certified as a Technology Protection Engineer by the ARTPC.
TPE duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Effectively analyze and apply the required research and technology protection (RTP) techniques, and integrate those processes and procedures across the many intelligence and security domains.
- Develop policies and best practices to effectively support the Program Protection Planning process, to include Operational Security (OPSEC), Security Classification Management (SCM), Technology Assessment/Control Plan (TA/CP), Delegation of Disclosure Authority Letter (DDL) and other essential RTP documentation to ensure CPI is properly identified and protected.
- Facilitate Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in the analysis of programs for potential CPI, the evaluation and identification of CPI, and the development and recommendation of appropriate countermeasures to protect CPI to program management for their consideration.
- Draft and staff appropriate program security documentation for Program and Project Management that ensures CPI is identified and protected during the life cycle of the technology or project.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Basic understanding of engineering principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, analytical skills
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Group facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the month
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that are not listed in this job description.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
- EEO is the Law
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top