Systems Security Engineer SME
LocationArlington SupportingRapid Capabilities Office Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Number of Openings1 ClearanceTS/SCI Description
The Systems Security Engineer SME is responsible for supporting information system security engineering activities ensuring security requirements are defined, implemented, and tested for complex multi-level security architectures of advanced aerospace systems.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Apply information assurance risk management framework to the development of integrated weapon systems.
- Conduct assessment and authorization activities to support recommendations to the authorizing official based on requirements, security impact levels, and projected operational environment.
- Evaluate the threats and vulnerabilities to integrated weapon and information systems to ensure security controls effectively mitigate the risk of exploits.
- Develop documents to support authority to operate decisions including system security plans, security assessment plans, and security control traceability matrices.
- Conduct and report on independent assessments to verify compliance.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Prior law enforcement, counterintelligence, or cyber operation experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge of military aircraft architectures (i.e., 1553, and 1760) is desired.
- Ability to constructively engage and resolve challenging situations
- Available to work before/after typical office hours
- Independent self-starter, proactive and professional assertive
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literate
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- TS/SCI Required
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other technology-related field
- 10 + years of experience in information assurance and security for weapons systems is required.
- Certified Information Security Specialist (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Security Certification of Networks (Security +)
- Travel up to 25% (avg 8-10 days per month)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain all the job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties, and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that is not listed in this job description.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
- System High Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career. EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top