Senior Technology Protection Engineer - 0003
Number of Openings 1
The Senior Technology Protection Engineer (Sr. TPE) position is a supervisory one. It requires leadership, training and development skills to guide and mentor junior TPEs. The Sr. TPE leads the customer to protect critical program information (CPI) with minimal cost, schedule or performance impact. The Sr. TPE provides Research, Development and Acquisition (RD&A) assistance to activities and supporting government organizations, as well as Research and Technology Protection (RTP) support to technology initiatives, as part of Rapid Deployment Initiatives (RDI) or Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) efforts. Leveraging their engineering knowledge and professional expertise, the Sr. TPE provides operational and administrative security support to basic and advanced RD&A programs at laboratory, project and vendor locations. The successful Sr.TPE will consistently demonstrate the integration of threat evaluations, vulnerability analyses, risk assessments and customer needs with engineering practices, while leading their assigned TPEs to exceed customer expectation.
The Senior TPE duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise a team of junior TPEs in the accomplishment of company and customer-assigned tasks
- Lead technical assessments of CPI, Security Classification Guides (SCGs) and Program Protection Plans (PPPs)
- Lead continuous RTP process improvement
- Determine the appropriate RTP priorities and objectives
- Facilitate RTP Integrated Product Teams (IPT) in the analysis of programs for potential CPI, the evaluation and identification of CPI, and the development and commendation of appropriate countermeasures to protect CPI to program management for their consideration.
- Disseminate RTP policies and best practices, while effectively managing implementation of Critical Program Information (CPI) identification, Program Protection Planning (PPP), Operational Security (OPSEC), Classification Management and Foreign Disclosure (FD) planning processes to ensure mission success
- Conduct RTP, PPP and Countermeasure training for both government and contractor personnel, as needed
- Produce reports, and assist in the development, coordination, and implementation of RTP and security policy
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Basic understanding of engineering principles to include: Systems Security Engineering (SSE), Enterprise Development Life Cycle (EDLC), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Systems Acquisition Life Cycle (ALC).
- Basic understanding of the various security disciplines such as Physical Security (PHYSEC), Personnel Security (PERSEC), Information System Security (INFOSEC), Industrial Security (INDUSEC), and Cyber Security
- Basic knowledge of the various intelligence disciplines of Human Intelligence (HUMINT), Imagery Intelligence (IMINT), Communications Intelligence (COMINT), Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT), Measurement and Signature Intelligence (MASINT), Open Source Intelligence ( OSINT ), Cyber Intelligence/Data Network Intelligence (CYBINT/DNINT), Technology Intelligence (TECHINT).
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy Excellent analytical and problem solving skills Strong leadership skills Strong group facilitation and teaching skills Ability to multitask Working knowledge of Executive Order 13526, the NISPOM and the NISPOM Overprint, ICD series, and DCID series and appropriate DoD and Service Directives, Regulations, Instructions and guidelines.
- Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
- PMP preferred, but not required.
- Systems Engineering Certificate (INCOSE) preferred, but not required.
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field.
- Masters Degree(s) desired, but not required.
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience required.
- Prior DoD experience required.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the month.
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Meet Some of System High's Employees
Chief Human Capital Officer
Sarah has been charged by the CEO as being responsible for looking after the personal and professional wellbeing of each and every System High team member.
Back to top