Senior Security Engineer - 005
Number of Openings 1
Clearance TS/SCI required
The Senior Security Engineer supports a Specialized Information Assurance and System Security Engineering program in support of our National Security client. Shall be responsible for leading security assessments of new and existing systems, performing research for the development of new security architectures, and testing tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) for the protection of information.
- Experience in the development of functional and non-functional security requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of sophisticated threats and understanding of complex, cross-domain, systems architectures.
- Experience in the design and development to reference security architectures and implementations of security systems.
- Understanding of DoD Architecture Framework.
- Experience with Security Assessment task teams performing highly technical and advanced testing and evaluation to discover and demonstrate vulnerabilities in information systems.
- Experience with the National Institute of Standards and Technology's (NIST) Risk Management Framework as described in NIST SP 800-53 and system security control requirements described in the Committee of National Security Systems Instruction 1253.
- Experience in the creation of comprehensive security technical documentation, including System Security Plans, SOPs, Incident Reports, Threat-Actor capability reports, etc.
- Experience with advanced research of cyber incidents and development of incident response and remediation recommendations.
- Experience with intrusion detection and prevention.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) knowledge.
- Capture, analysis, and security storage of network payload data; deep network packet inspection.
- Analytic visualization, investigation, discovery of and response to malicious activity.
- Development of comprehensive security-based requirements and SRTMs.
- Comprehensive and advanced security assessment (hardware, software, source code, open source and other components).
- Network Device assessment including configuration (DISA STIGs), firmware compliance, access controls.
- Experience in high visibility, high impact Cyber Security teams.
- Expertise in consulting with clients to define needs and issues, developing requirements, and analyzing findings to advise and recommend solutions to clients.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Expertise working directly with executive and senior-level clients.
Required Security Clearance:
Educational and Position Requirements:
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- 10 years minimum experience in Nation-state and State-sponsored threat actor cyber threat capabilities and experience in understanding of internet protocols.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RM)
- Knowledge of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Knowledge of system security plans
- Knowledge of NIST
- Knowledge of systems administration and accreditation
- Knowledge of cyber security
- Knowledge of COMSEC
- Ability to interface with difficult clients and engage in a constructive manner
- Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- Independent self-starter, proactive and professional assertive
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Meet Some of System High's Employees
Chief Human Capital Officer
Sarah has been charged by the CEO as being responsible for looking after the personal and professional wellbeing of each and every System High team member.
Back to top