LocationNationwide Supporting Full-Time/Part-Time -unspecified- Number of Openings1 Clearance Description
This is an upcoming Q2 position
The primary function will be to organize, install, and support government organization's computer systems, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, intranets, and other data communication systems. This will also include helping architect, design and analyze network models. It will require participation in decisions about buying future hardware or software to upgrade organization's infrastructure. This position might be called upon to provide technical support to computer users to help solve users' problems. This position will support activities within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide "day-to-day" support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
- Develop Virtual Private Network solutions and supports an organizations constellation of secure enclaves designed to protect sensitive sponsor networks and other data communication systems
- Design identity-based security policies to distinguish the user base and isolate access to their respective resources
- Plan strategies to migrate sensitive resources from customer space to enterprise Data Centers
- Plan migration strategies for equipment refresh. May supervise other network support and client server specialist and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures
- Perform a full range of upgrades to the existing network architecture
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams
- Provide O&M activities, to include Tier 3 troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Plan installations, transitions, and cut-overs of network components and capabilities
- Coordinate requirements with users and suppliers
- Organize and direct network installations on site surveys
- Extensive experience in areas such as network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfacing, security, Internet protocols and TCP/IP, as well as server and network infrastructure is required
- Review sponsor requests for upgrades or additions to the network and design the most practical technical solution to meet customer requirements
- Assess and document current site network configuration and user requirements
- CCNA Security, ASA Specialist, & CCNP certifications are desired to include experience with CISCO ASA, VPN Concentrators, Switches Routers, CISCO PRIME, SolarWinds, Dell vXRail and Cisco UCS experience is highly desirable
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must be willing to undergo and pass a Counterintelligence Polygraph.
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 5-7 years related experience
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level III within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, Microsoft Exchange Server, and as needed RHEL operating systems administration and associated hardware
- Experience in effective communication and collaborating in a high performance team environment.
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Working knowledge of CISCO network and switching and virtualization technologies
- Working knowledge of virtualization as it applies to users environments, operating systems, and network appliances
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies
- Working knowledge communication security (COMSEC) policies and integration
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to assessments and authorization
- Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL2, PL3, and PL4 network environments/systems
- Working knowledge of WSUS and/or YUM patch deployment methodologies
- Must be familiar with DoD policy as it applies to implementing and executing system and network administration
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework and how to apply it to network/information system environments
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career. EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. supervisorUIDNone Specified
This position is currently accepting applications.