Security Specialist Lead
- Arlington, VA
Supporting DoN JSF F-35
Number of Openings 1
Clearance Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance required and current within the last five years
The contractor will serve as the Contract Security Lead for the F-35 Joint Program Office (JPO) Security Manager (SM). The contractor will be responsible assisting the SM managing day-to-day security activities and the development, administration, and work performance within the following security disciplines: Information Security, Physical Security, Operations Security, Antiterrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP), Industrial Security, Security Education and Training Awareness (SETA), Visitor Control, and Personnel Security. The conractor will also be responsible for interpreting security policy and implementing security requirements to ensure horizontal security across the geographically dispersed F-35 JPO field sites of: (Naval Air Warfare Center (NAWC), Aircraft Division, Patuxent River, NAWC Weapons Division, China Lake, Air Force Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Air Force Flight Test Center, Edwards AFB, and Eglin AFB).
The individual will be responsible overseeing the processing of Personnel Access Request (PAR) forms, accomplishing all administrative security support requirements associated with the receipt, distribution, inventory, reproduction, disposition, and management of classified (collateral and Special Access Required (SAR)) material, preparing and updating Special Access Program (SAP) Concepts of Operation (CONOPS) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), issuing SAP visit certifications to contractor and government SAP facilities, performing SAP indoctrinations, debriefings and annual refresher briefings, maintaining SAP personnel folders and performing annual SAP self inspections.
- Process Program Access Request (PAR) packages via the SAP system of record. The contractor shall provide Special Access Program Personnel Security Officials (SPO) support services to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Electronically create and/or update PAR packages
- Ensure submitted packages are complete and accurate
- Make initial eligibility determination and recommendations in accordance with Enclosure 4 of DoDM 5205.07 V4
- Ensure PAR packages are routed appropriately
- Monitor all submissions and provide applicable metrics to the SM
- Maintain and update existing site specific SAP training in accordance with DoD policies and procedures.
- Perform all administrative security support requirements associated with the receipt, transmission, inventory, reproduction, disposition, and management of classified information and material in accordance with DoDMs 5200.01 V1-3 & 5205.07 V1-4.
- Control, maintain, and track all classified material received or dispatched from the F-35 JPO Crystal City facilities.
- Monitor all reproduction of classified material to ensure proper documentation, marking, and accounting (when applicable).
- Prepare all classified material for physical or electronic transmission.
- Manage all classified storage containers (safes), excluding SAP containers. This includes changing combinations and updating the SF700, and maintaining a current list of containers and their holdings.
- Oversee the application of Security Education and Training Awareness (SETA) to all F-35 JPO personnel assigned to Headquarters (Crystal City, VA) and coordinate uniformly articulated and disseminated training across the F-35 JPO, including all geographically separated field sites. The contractor shall provide support services to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Ensure training is current and accurate.
- Provide security education and training to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Initial indoctrinations
- Annual Security Refresher training
- Courier briefings as required along with annual refresher
- Foreign travel briefings for each country or threat environment
- Track the completion dates for the personnel who have completed the training.
- Facilitate incoming and outgoing visit certifications.
- Maintain facility accreditations.
- Maintain, monitor, and service the post office box for the F-35 JPO Security Office.
- Conduct and provide a written report on the results of the Annual Self-inspection of the F-35 JPO Security Program (Headquarters only). The contractor shall perform the following:
- Perform the annual self-inspection
- Provide the results of the annual self-inspection to the SM.
- Monitor and report on corrective actions/improvements from the self-inspection until they are completed.
- Coordinate with the Pentagon Force Protection Agency on the anti-terrorism planning and exercises.
- Provide to peers and ranking policy makers internal and external to the F-35 JPO, thoughtful and articulate analysis regarding security policy.
- Demonstrate and effectively articulate to high-level working groups both internal and external to the F-35 JPO, an understanding of shard technologies with legacy programs.
- Demonstrate full dimension security (inclusive of all security specialties) when developing F-35 security policy.
- Possess a minimum of five years specialized security experience with emphasis in SAPF construction and SAP operations.
- Demonstrated a thorough knowledge of multiple Department of Defense and services' security references, regulations, and instructions, pertaining to information security, especially the NISPOM and DoDM series (specifically 5200.01, 5205.07, and 5220-22-M)
- Current Periodic Reinvestigation within last five years
- Degree in related field
- Two years experience in major defense acquisition programs
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top