Security Specialist - 0015
Location Surrounding Winchester, VA
Supporting Confidential Client
Number of Openings 1
Clearance TS/SCI required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Yankee White (Presidential Support Program Eligibility)
The Security Specialist is responsible for the on-site management and compliance of all security-related activities. Will assist in the development of security policies and procedures to support the Client mission.
The Security Specialist will perform the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the on-site management and compliance of all security-related activities as outlined in our primary Security Procedures Manual and supplemental policies (available on site).
- Assist government representative with development of local security policies and procedures and submits to the government representative for approval.
- Conduct annual security self-inspections.
- Review materials for proper classification and markings.
- Develop and implement year-round security education and training to client's staff.
- Investigate security incidents.
- Prepare repo1ts, and conduct damage assessments.
- Ensures project-related processed information is stored, and accountable in accordance with DoD regulations and local policies.
- Provide guidance to Facility Security Officers (FSOs), as needed, to meet security objectives.
- Develop, prepare and maintain DD 254s.
- Verify facility clearances for all companies fulfilling classified contracts.
- Participate in project meetings and site visits.
- Assist government representative in the development of security plans; classification guidance; Operations Security (OPSEC) plans; Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); and security briefings.
- Review drawings and specifications and submits for approval to the government representative.
- Provide Operational Security (OPSEC) support and risk management to project team.
- Conduct physical security surveys and ensure measures are in-place for the protection of resources.
- Implement visitor and access control policies.
- Conduct tests of alarm monitoring systems and manage the key control program.
- Perform lock changes on a routine basis.
- Provide physical security planning, design, and advice on government and contractor facilities.
- Prepare fixed facility checklist to support accreditation of SCIF/SAPFs.
- Perform Top Secret Control Officer (TSCO) functions to include annual inventories and day-to-day management of classified holding as required
TS/SCI required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Yankee White (Presidential Support Program Eligibility)
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Ten (10) plus years relevant experience
- SAP experience strongly desired
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Knowledge and experience with an emphasis in Special Access Programs, Industrial security, Personnel Security, Physical, Security, education and awareness training, and document control
- SIMS database experience is highly desirable
- Ability to interface with difficult clients and engage in a constructive manner
- Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- Independent self-starter, proactive and professional assertive
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Meet Some of System High's Employees
Chief Human Capital Officer
Sarah has been charged by the CEO as being responsible for looking after the personal and professional wellbeing of each and every System High team member.
Back to top