- Washington, DC
Location Washington, DC
Supporting White House Military Office, WHMO
Number of Openings 1
Clearance TS/SCI required.Must be able to obtain and maintain a Yankee White government clearance.
The Security Specialist is responsible for the on-site management and compliance of all security-related activities. Will assist in the development of security policies and procedures to support the Client mission.
The Security Specialist will perform the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the on-site management and compliance of all security-related activities as outlined in our primary Security Procedures Manual and supplemental policies (available on site).
- Assist government representative with development of local security policies and procedures and submits to the government representative for approval.
- Conduct annual security self-inspections.
- Review materials for proper classification and markings.
- Develop and implement year-round security education and training to client's staff.
- Investigate security incidents.
- Prepare reports, and conduct damage assessments.
- Ensures project-related processed information is stored, and accountable in accordance with DoD regulations and local policies.
- Provide guidance to Facility Security Officers (FSOs), as needed, to meet security objectives.
- Develop, prepare and maintain DD 254s.
- Verify facility clearances for all companies fulfilling classified contracts.
- Participate in project meetings and site visits.
- Assist government representative in the development of security plans; classification guidance; Operations Security (OPSEC) plans; Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); and security briefings.
- Review drawings and specifications and submits for approval to the government representative.
- Provide Operational Security (OPSEC) support and risk management to project team.
- Conduct physical security surveys and ensure measures are in-place for the protection of resources.
- Implement visitor and access control policies.
- Conduct tests of alarm monitoring systems and manage the key control program.
- Perform lock changes on a routine basis.
- Provide physical security planning, design, and advice on government and contractor facilities.
- Prepare fixed facility checklist to support accreditation of SCIF/SAPFs.
- Perform Top Secret Control Officer (TSCO) functions to include annual inventories and day-to-day management of classified holding as required
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Yankee White government clearance
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Ten (10) plus years relevant experience
- SAP experience strongly desired
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Knowledge and experience with an emphasis in Special Access Programs, Industrial security, Personnel Security, Physical, Security, education and awareness training, and document control
- SIMS database experience is highly desirable
- Ability to interface with difficult clients and engage in a constructive manner
- Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- Independent self-starter, proactive and professional assertive
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that are not listed in this job description.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
- System High Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top