LocationNationwide Supporting Full-Time/Part-Time -unspecified- Number of Openings1 Clearance Description
This is an upcoming Q2 position
SOC Analyst's primary function is to provide comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. This position will conduct security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response activities in support of the government's mission. This position requires a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP's, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, this candidate must be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management. This position will support activities within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide "day-to-day" support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Incident Handling (Detection, Analysis, Triage), Hunting (anomalous pattern detection and content management) and Malware Analysis
- Experience and ability to with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
- Must be knowledgeable and have hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and/or log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing security events (windows event logs, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent)
- Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
- Experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies Network Threat Hunting, Big Data Analytics, Endpoint Threat Detection and Response, SIEM, workflow and ticketing, and Intrusion Detection System
- Support the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of security applications and tools based upon the established security architecture
- Expert knowledge on SIEM technologies, content filtering/ firewall technology, and cloud technology
- Prepare, validate, and maintain security documentation including, but not limited to cybersecurity incident response plan, risk assessments, legal investigations
- Develop and implement SOC processes and procedures
- Excellence in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues
- Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, considering the audience and nature of the information while making clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, and responds appropriately
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Level I Requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 2-4 years related experience
- Prior performance in roles such as ISSO or ISSM
- Level II Requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 5-7 years related experience
- Prior performance in roles such as ISSO or ISSM
- Lead Requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 8-10 years related experience
- Prior performance in roles such as ISSO, ISSM or SOC analyst
- Level I Requirements: Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 or Information Assurance Manager Level 2 or CND Auditor or Incident Responder certification within 6 months of the date of hire
- Level II Requirements: Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 or Information Assurance Manager Level 2 or CND Auditor or Incident Responder certification within 6 months of the date of hire
- Lead Requirements: Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 3 or Information Assurance Manager Level 3 or CND Auditor or Incident Responder certification within 6 months of the date of hire
- Level I & II additional requirements: Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- An understanding in researching Emerging Threats and recommending monitoring content within security tools.
- Experience in analyzing NetFlow data and packet capture (PCAP).
- Robust knowledge of common attack methodologies, tactics and protocols
- Knowledge of the TCP and IP protocol suite, security architecture, DNS and remote access security techniques and products.
- Technical experience in the information security field utilizing a mix of security technology such as: Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls & Log Analysis. SIEM, Network Behavior Analysis tools, Antivirus, and Network Packet Analyzers, Digital Forensics tools in an Enterprise environment, Cyber Incident Response activities in an Enterprise environment.s
- Lead additional requirements: Must have demonstrated strong knowledge of NIST 800-53 and other NIST guidelines and standards and how they relate to and compliment a System Development Life-Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- Knowledge on standard and advanced defense & remediation techniques and processes.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career. EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. supervisorUIDNone Specified
This position is currently accepting applications.