Security Control Assessor III (Denver, CO) - 0002
Number of Openings 1
Clearance TS/SCI required
Location: Denver, CO
Security Control Assessor (SCA) provides information security Assessment and Authorization
(A&A) support throughout program's lifecycle to Contractor and Government facilities processing Client information. SCAs enhance the Information System (IS) security awareness of
Directorates' & Offices' staffs, ensure that proper IS security resources are appropriately applied and act as an IS liaison between the Directorates & Offices and the Government.
The SCA will perform the following responsibilities:
- Evaluate and recommend approval, disapproval, or waiver(s) for IS processing national security data at industry and/or Government facilities.
- Support and/or conduct site visits and assessments to inspect and verify IS reports and plans at industrial and Government locations as approved by the Government, and provide a written report for review.
- Prepare reports and memoranda (to include, but not limited to: Memoranda for the Record (MFR), Memoranda of Agreement (MOA), Authorization to Proceed, and status and technical briefs).
- Update data and maintain Government provided databases with current information about Government and industry IS status and representative contact information.
- Prepare, review, and record notification and status messages to indicate A&A state of systems to system owner or programs in required format.
- Support the preparation of the Security Assessment Report (SAR).
- Review, coordinate, and respond to IS security issues as requested.
- Short-Term (90 days or less) Temporary Duty (TDY) CONUS and OCONUS travel is required
- Other duties as assigned.
- CISSP or CISSP Associate required
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- BS and 5 years; HSD/GED and 7 years; Associates and 7 years; and Masters+ and 3 years.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Knowledge of IC
- Knowledge of configuration management and integration testing. Certification and accreditation (C&A) and/or assessment and authorization (A&A); DCID 6/3 and/or ICD 503 for the Government's C&A or A&A process.
- Knowledge of information technology concepts used in the evaluation of security performance and integrity of state-of-the-art applications, communications systems, hardware, software, command and control systems, and information processing systems.
- Ability to interface with difficult clients and engage in a constructive manner
- Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- Independent self-starter, proactive and professional assertive
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Meet Some of System High's Employees
International Security Specialist
Nakishna works hand-in-hand with System High clients and partner nations to provide innovative international security guidance and compliance measures.
Back to top