Security Control Assessor II - 0009
Number of Openings 2
Clearance Active Secret Required
The SCA is responsible for conducting a comprehensive assessment of the management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an Information System (IS) to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls (i.e., the extent to which the controls are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and producing the desired outcome with respect to meeting the security requirements for the system). SCAs also provide an assessment of the severity of weaknesses or deficiencies discovered in the IS and its environment of operation and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities. Responsibilities will cover Collateral, SAP and/or SCI activities within the customer's area of responsibility.
- Secret Security Clearance (depending on position)
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program (SAP) Information and/or eligibility for Special Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph
- have a Periodic Reinvestigation no older than five (5) years
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- 7-9 years related experience (9 years minimum, if no degree)
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience in SAP and/or SCI Security and the implementation of regulations identified in the description of duties.
- Must possess Information Assurance Technician/Information Assurance Manager (IAT/IAM) Level II at date of hire and
- Must possess IAT/IAM Level III within 6 months of date of hire hire
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) vulnerability scanning software tools, implementing Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), and applying IA Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA) patches
- Experience creating and maintaining various security documents such as the Security Control Plan/Vulnerability Security Review (SCP/VSR), System Backup and Recovery Plans (SBRP) and Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) tables
- Knowledge of DITSCAP, RMF, DoD C&A processes, DoD 8500 (Cybersecurity) series and Common Criteria
- Experience in JAFAN 6/3 or ICD 503, Joint Special Access Programs Implementation Guide (JSIG) and NISPOM application as related to C&A
- Has experience with IA vulnerability scanning software tools, implementing Security Implementation Guides (STIGS), and applying IAVA patches.
- Has experience creating and maintaining various security documents such as the SCP/VSR, System Backup and Recovery Plans (SBRPs) and Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) tables.
- Demonstrated experience in aircraft and international programs
- Ability to constructively engage and resolve challenging situations
- Possess excellent briefing and technical writing skills
- Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- Independent self-starter, proactive and professional assertive
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that are not listed in this job description.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
- EEO is the Law
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Meet Some of System High's Employees
International Security Specialist
Nakishna works hand-in-hand with System High clients and partner nations to provide innovative international security guidance and compliance measures.
Back to top