SCATE Level 1
- Chantilly, VA
Number of Openings 1
The Security Certification and Assessor Test Evaluator (SCATE) is a security professional who reviews and evaluates Information Systems (IS) and recommends to the Government changes that can improve information confidentiality, integrity, and availability. SCATEs are also responsible for performing security focused services to improve the security posture of Information Systems. SCATE duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Adherence to ICD 503 Compliance (customers Risk Management Framework)
- Conducting Information System Security Control Document review
- Conducting Information System Security Control Assessment Test Report
- Conducting CTP (Certification Test Plan) Review and Penetration Testing
- Conduct S/WRRs (Software Review Requests)
- Support CPL (Corporate Product List0 Reviews
- Conducting product reviews
- Perform ICD 503 Test Cases
- Maintain lab environments (Classified and Unclassified)
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- ICD 503 and the Government's certification and accreditation process
- Networks, computer components, system protocols, and COTS technology
- System methodologies including: client/server, web hosting, web content servers, policy servers, directory servers, firewalls, WAN, MAN, LAN, switches, and routers;
- Software integration of COTS and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) products
- Windows, , Unix, and Mac OS X administration
- VMware, Xen, Hyper V and other virtualization platforms.
- Configuring and supporting Windows, , Unix, Mac OS, and other operating systems
- Configuring and supporting VMware, Xen, Hyper V and other virtualization platforms;
- Software engineering
- Program design and implementation
- Configuration management
- System maintenance
- Integration testing
- Information system engineering
- Penetration testing and analysis
- System certification activities and efforts related to system certification and accreditation
- Research, development, integration, and distribution of IS security tools and associated documentation
- Security procedures for systems and software within area of expertise to ensure consistent security policy implementation
- Education relevant to computer engineering, information security, information management, and/or computer science; and
- Experience in technical project management.
- Top Secret clearance, eligible for Special Compartmented Information, CI Polygraph
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Individual must have a bachelor's degree with 0-8 years of performing Certification & Accreditation or Assessment & Authorization testing experience or a high school diploma and 10 - 15 years of experience
- Must be willing to travel short term (less than (90 days)
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that are not listed in this job description.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
- System High Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top