JWICS System Administrator - 0001
Location Hulbert AFB
Number of Openings 1
The selected individual must be capable of:
- Interacting with system users to translate their requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements and design
- Performing analysis of system operations and knowledge of and experience in the utilization of operating systems and database management systems
- Fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices
- Routine system maintenance and administrative functions including: system configuration and modifications; adding, removing and replacing hardware and software items; system startup, shut down, backup and restore; database administration and maintenance; and system user access control
- Install, maintain, audit and support a secure MS Windows network environment and limited web/data application service
- Familiar with internet applications and protocols IP,TCP,HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, & SSL
- Maintain file servers, network access, and system documentation as required
- Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Perform periodic maintenance, hardware upgrades and replacement, firmware updates and system configuration changes
- Prepare system for operational use and support sustainment baselines
- Use DoD security tools (DISA STIG's, SSR scripts, ACAS) to secure O/S's, network devices and appliances
- Apply DISA STIGs, address ACAS vulnerabilities and conduct patch management
- Prepare system documentation (install guides, administrator guides, etc.) for numerous baselines
- Supporting Cisco IOS (Basic Routing/Switching/Firewall configuration)
- Analyze, identify, obtain, and install appropriate security-relevant updates as identified from vulnerability scanning tool findings.
- Ability to assist in the mitigation of system vulnerabilities and settings as reported by various scanning tools and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) as needed.
- Install security-relevant patches using written procedures and updates provided by 3rd party.
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top