International Security Specialist - 0009
- Arlington, VA
Supporting JSF F-35
Number of Openings 1
Clearance Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance required and current within the last five years
The International Security Specialist will perform daily administrative security duties in support of the international SAP program. The ISS will process PARs, transmit SAP information to and from the international partners/participants, ensure all required documentation is submitted by the partners/participants in a timely manner, and provide staff assistance visits to aid the local security managers with any concerns or issues. The ISS develops all pertinent security documentation (Access Management Control Plans, Project Security Instructions, Security Agreements, and Security Classification Guides) for new participants and update current security documentation for existing partners/participants. OCONUS travel may be required.
The International Security Specialist will perform the following responsibilities:
- Will process PARs, transmit SAP information to and from the international partners/participants coordinate and oversee all International Security Support Services activities
- Develop all pertinent security documentation (Access Management Control Plans, Project Security Instructions, Security Agreements, and Security Classification Guides) for new participants and update current security documentation for existing partners/participants.
- Assist the Government by ensuring all new international security managers are provided with the tools necessary to build and manage SAP facilities, including JAFAN 6/9, FRDs, and training materials
- Review and update all international security documents including the AMCP, PSI, CPP SOP
- Assist with providing updates to the TA/CP
- Generate new international security documents as additional countries join the program
- Perform updates and review on existing documents and generate new documents when new facilities are identified
- Assist new international security managers by reviewing and updating SOPs, computer security procedures, fixed facility checklists, and training documentation
- Coordinate with the security education and training POC(s) to provide training materials.
- Annually visit all international SAPFs to assist them in preparing for PSO security compliance inspections.
- Coordinate with the PSO to ensure the staff assistance visit is completed no more than four (4) months prior to the PSO review. During these visits, the ISS will perform the following:
- Review the security policies and procedures, international SAP documentation, accreditation paperwork to ensure it is current
- Review facility records to ensure files are current and accurate
- Ensure the annual self- inspections, inventories, and refresher trainings have been completed
- Ensure that all facilities and equipment have been accredited in accordance with JAFAN 6/9 and each country's AMCP
- Coordinate all international access procedures with other Client sites
- Ensure changes to international access procedures are documented and approved by the appropriate personnel and all Client are informed of changes, updates, and deletions to the international access procedures
- Support the International Security Manager at EXCOM and Tri-Service briefings
- Other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- BA/BS degree and a minimum of seven (7) years specialized security experience
- No degree with minimum of fifteen (15) years specialized security experience
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required.
- Must have active US Passport
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Experience with SAPF construction and SAP operations
- In-depth knowledge of the JAFAN series security requirements
- Familiar with all international security issues and be able to effectively discuss any outstanding issues or areas of concern regarding the international arena.
- Ability to constructively engage and resolve challenging situations
- Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- Independent self-starter, proactive and professional assertive
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top