Information Systems Security Officer - 0015
Location Washington, DC
Number of Openings 1
Clearance TS/SCI required Must be able to obtain and maintain a Yankee White government clearance
This is an upcoming position and not available yet
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) plans, develops, implements, and maintains programs, policies, and procedures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of stand-alone systems, networks, and data. Provides system security management to ensure stand-alone systems/networks are operated and maintained in accordance with regulatory guidelines and in-house implemented policies and procedures.
The Information Systems Security Officer will perform the following responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, implements, and maintains programs, policies, and procedures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of stand-alone systems, networks, and data.
- Provides system security management to ensure stand-alone systems/networks are operated and maintained in accordance with (IAW) regulatory guidelines and in-house implemented policies and procedures.
- Administers the unit's security training by ensuring users, operators and managers are provided awareness training for their level of responsibility and administers refresher training as necessary.
- Identify unit-unique training requirements and provide to the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare and/or oversee the development of system/network accreditation documentation.
- Initiate action on re-accreditation when changes affecting security occurs.
- Prepare, distribute and maintain plans, instructions, guidance, and standing operating procedures concerning the security of system operations
- Ensure Automated Information System (AIS) activities comply with established security procedures.
- Develop and review computer system operating instructions for security procedures.
- Administer and implement the computer security program.
- Conduct risk assessments as required on systems/networks IAW DoD, NSA, DISA, DIA and WHMO regulations and policies governing information systems security.
- Respond to AIS incidents, perform initial evaluation of each incident, begin corrective measures, and report incidents to ISSM.
- Responsible for the design, installation, maintenance and administration of AIS systems and network equipment to support program operations.
- Performs security and vulnerability testing and implements Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) patches and upgrades to stand-alone in-house networks.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of equipment costs, external assistance costs, software licensing, and personnel costs.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of physical requirements for accreditation and processing within Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs) and Special Access Program Facilities (SAPFs).
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Yankee White government clearance
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Seven (7) plus years relevant experience
- SAP experience strongly desired
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- lAW DoD, NSA, DISA, DIA and WHMO regulations and policies governing information systems security
- Experience with AIS
- Ability to interface with difficult clients and engage in a constructive manner
- Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- Independent self-starter, proactive and professional assertive
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Meet Some of System High's Employees
International Security Specialist
Nakishna works hand-in-hand with System High clients and partner nations to provide innovative international security guidance and compliance measures.
Back to top