Information Assurance Engineer 4 - 0030
- Chantilly, VA
Number of Openings 1
The Information Assurance Engineer is responsible for conducting information systems security engineering activities throughout the lifecycle. IAEs are responsible for capturing and refining information protection requirements to ensure their integration into information systems acquisitions and information system development through purposeful security design or configuration. The contractor integrates security functional requirements into existing acquisition lifecycle phases, milestones, and documents using systems engineering principles and methodologies. Personnel shall be knowledgeable of best practices when implementing security controls including software engineering methodologies, security engineering methodologies, security engineering principles, and secure coding techniques and coordinates activities with assessment and authorization stakeholders. Information Assurance Engineer Level 4 duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- The contractor shall participate in discussions at the system engineering level to enhance the security of NRO networks and information systems
- The contractor shall provide support to system certification activities and efforts related to system certification and accreditation
- The contractor shall provide technical support in investigating and minimizing real or potential damage resulting from security incidents
- The contractor shall research, analyze, integrate, and distribute IS security tools and associated documentation, subject to government review and approval
- The contractor shall provide on-site assistance for integrating IS security tools into contractor and Government information systems
- The contractor shall develop and propose security procedures for systems and software within area of expertise to ensure consistent security policy implementation for review and approval by the Government
- The contractor shall create, update, and present Information Assurance (IA) related briefings and other related materials to both internal and external organizations as a security Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- The contractor shall participate in and support various Information Assurance forums as directed.
- The contractor shall support the Intelligence Community (IC) and Industry-based working groups as directed
- In addition to the tasks above, the contractor personnel assigned to OS&CI/F&ISD shall conduct cyber security research and assessments, responding to F&ISD Front Office requirements, and provide reports and activities to F&ISD or his designee.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Knowledge of and experience with ICD 503 and the Government's certification and accreditation process
- Networks, computer components, system protocols, and COTS technology
- System methodologies including client/server, web hosting, web content servers, policy servers, directory servers, firewalls, WAN, MAN, LAN, switches, and routers
- Software integration of COTS and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) products
- VMware, Xen, Hyper V and other virtualization platforms;
- Education relevant to computer engineering, information security, information management, and/or computer science
- Experience in technical project management; and
- Technical experience in:
- Configuring and supporting, at a minimum, Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS
- Configuring and supporting, at a minimum, VMware, Xen, Hyper V
- Software engineering
- Program design and implementation
- Configuration management
- System maintenance
- Integration testing; and
- Information system engineering.
- Top Secret clearance, eligible for Special Compartmented Information, CI Polygraph
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Individual must have a bachelor's degree with 15 years of information technology security, information systems security, information assurance engineering or a master's degree with 12 years of relevant experience.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that are not listed in this job description.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
- System High Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top