Engineer Specialist II
- Aberdeen, MD
LocationAberdeen Supporting Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Number of Openings1 Clearance Description
The Engineer Specialist (ES) II provides Research and Technology Protection (RTP) engineering assistance to Army research, development, and acquisition (RDA) programs. Upon being hired, the ES will undergo a 90 day training program where they will learn how to apply their skills to assist in the identification and protection of Critical Program Information (CPI), Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), and conducting Supply Chain Risk Management through the application of Critical Functions Analysis (CFA). The ES will become expert at threat identification, vulnerability analysis, risk evaluation, and developing countermeasures to protect the critical technology which helps the Army maintain technological overmatch on the battlefield. As required, the ES will conduct RTP training for both government and contractor personnel.
ES duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the development of policies and best practices to effectively support the Program Protection Planning (PPP) process to include Operational Security (OPSEC), Security Classification Management (SCM), and other essential RTP efforts.
- Facilitate large and small Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in the analysis of RDA programs to identify CPI and recommend appropriate countermeasures and program protection strategies.
- Draft and staff appropriate program security documentation in support of the PPP process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Top Secret with SCI eligibility
- Individual must have a Bachelor's Degree focused on Engineering (any discipline)
- Four years' experience
- Basic understanding of engineering principles.
- Ability to self-study and analyze a wide range of technology principles.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Department of Defense Instruction 5200.39 and Army Regulation 70-77.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong group facilitation and teaching skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the month
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that are not listed in this job description.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
- System High Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career. EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. supervisorUIDNone Specified
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top