Engineer Specialist II
- Huntsville, AL
Number of Openings 1
The Engineer Specialist (ES) II provides Research and Technology Protection (RTP) engineering assistance to Army research, development, and acquisition (RDA) programs. Upon being hired, the ES will undergo a 90 day training program where they will learn how to apply their skills to assist in the identification and protection of Critical Program Information (CPI), Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), and conducting Supply Chain Risk Management through the application of Critical Functions Analysis (CFA). The ES will become expert at threat identification, vulnerability analysis, risk evaluation, and developing countermeasures to protect the critical technology which helps the Army maintain technological overmatch on the battlefield. As required, the ES will conduct RTP training for both government and contractor personnel.
ES duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the development of policies and best practices to effectively support the Program Protection Planning (PPP) process to include Operational Security (OPSEC), Security Classification Management (SCM), and other essential RTP efforts.
- Facilitate large and small Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in the analysis of RDA programs to identify CPI and recommend appropriate countermeasures and program protection strategies.
- Draft and staff appropriate program security documentation in support of the PPP process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Top Secret with SCI eligibility
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Individual must have a Bachelor's Degree focused on Engineering (any discipline)
- Four years' experience
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Basic understanding of engineering principles.
- Ability to self-study and analyze a wide range of technology principles.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Desired Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Working knowledge of Department of Defense Instruction 5200.39 and Army Regulation 70-77.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong group facilitation and teaching skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the month
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that are not listed in this job description.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
- System High Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top