Disassembly Technician & Security Escort
- Chantilly, VA
Number of Openings 1
This is a part-time, on-call position
Disassembly Technician and Security Escort will be responsible for accountability, de-manufacturing, material separation, and security oversight during the destruction life cycle of System High's P2 SHRED classified destruction business.
The Disassembly Technician & Security Escort -duties include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for de-manufacturing of classified information systems equipment, component accountability, and material separation to include:
- Maintaining accountability logs as equipment is de-manufactured in accordance with approved processes and procedures
- Identify and communicate process improvements to team lead
- Maintain positive observation of classified components when working with and around uncleared destruction professionals
- Maintain positive control and accountability of classified components throughout the de-manufacture and destruction life cycle
- To study, read, and understand process documents, and gather information regarding its parts, fixtures, tools, etc.
- To set up, arrange, and operate equipment as per the specifications and instructions from the supervisor
- To maintain a safe, clean, and healthy environment and ensure the compliance with customer requirements
- Separate materials accordingly and prepare for destruction or disposal
- Responsible for oversight of cleared and uncleared destruction professionals and provide two-person integrity for classified destruction projects
- Escorting and monitoring un-cleared workers in accredited facilities
- Denying entrance of prohibited materials and other items as specified by the Accrediting Official (AO) or designee
- Conducting random inspections of secured areas for unapproved personnel and material items
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Familiarity with DoDM 5200.01, Vol 3, DoD Information Security Program (Enclosure 2, Storage and Destruction); https://www.cdse.edu/toolkits/infosec/disposal.html#
- Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- Good hand and eye coordination with demonstrated excellent manual dexterity
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to lift to 50lbs regularly
- Attention to detail; strong organization skills
- Independent self-starter, proactive and professionally assertive
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, flexible environment, capable of multi-tasking and task prioritization
- Final TOP SECRET clearance; TS/SCI eligible preferred
- Must be willing to undergo a polygraph
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience performing Security Administration highly desirable
- Experience performing electronics maintenance a plus
- 50% annual CONUS travel
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that are not listed in this job description.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- System High is proud to employ U.S. Military Veterans. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new, exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
- System High Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top