Database/Web Developer - 0004
Number of Openings 1
Clearance Active TS/SCI
Position contingent upon contractual modification; anticipated around September 1, 2017.
The Database/Web Base Developer shall be responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of databases to include planning, development, implementation, and troubleshooting.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Map out the conceptual designs for planned databases in an outline form and write database documentation, including requirements, data standards, scripts, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary.
- Responsible for the maintenance, upgrades, trouble-shooting, and interconnectivity of the SID Security Control Suite database and for coordinating and collaborating with the Georgia Tech Research Institute (or their successor) on various SID database initiatives.
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security while also working collaboratively with peers in MSO/ITD to facilitate database hosting, support, patching, power, and back-ups.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast query responses to front end users. Communicate regularly with onsite technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model. Refine the physical design to meet system storage requirements, and coordinate installations and testing for new versions of the database management system.
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings to ensure the developing application meets DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements.
- Analyze the data stored in the databases and make recommendations relating to performance and efficiency of that data storage.
- Support critical business operations involving scheduled and dynamic requests, receipt, and transmission of data to internal and external clients and partners as requested.
- Oversee requirements gathering sessions with SID personnel, assimilate information, and maintain effective internal data standards and capabilities while meeting customer expectations.
- Provide a program to assure that all system users are trained in the use of the database systems and provide an audit program to verify the accuracy of data entry.
- Maintenance and repair activities for the applicable databases, applications, systems, and networks.
- Maintain an inventory and a configuration control file of the database systems and ensure system maintenance, software upgrades, data archiving, and tests are conducted to assure the system is run at peak efficiency and that historical data is not lost.
- Review and recommend requirements to assess, disposition, and/or upgrade, technology and software.
- Design, develop, program, test, and debug new software and upgrades to existing software using VB.net or others as appropriate.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Extensive knowledge of ASP.net development platform
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience working with Microsoft Entity Framework
- Experience working with SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014
- Understand Microsoft IIS 8.0
- Maintain Project back up's, Software Version control (SVN)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- Strong problem solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts and technologies quickly.
- Ability to evaluate overall architecture of an application, looking for structural quality, best practices, code quality, etc.
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
Professional Business Functions
- Attend meetings (either locally or out-of-area) and create meeting summaries or trip reports
- Prepare and submit meeting minutes on an as-required basis
- Prepare/present briefings, incorporating graphics (if appropriate) for/to SID and DARPA
- Prepare various security forms associated with their duties
- Assist in entry control and perform escort duties for visitors
- Answer telephones and other modes of administrative communications in the performance
- of duties
- Perform self-inspections, identify security discrepancies, and report security incidents
- Perform, or support, security inspections, identify security discrepancies and prepare reports
- Perform courier duties within the continental United States (CONUS)
- Perform user-level security administrator and information security responsibilities as
- required and in compliance with US Codes, Executive Orders, and DoD and DARPA policy
- Perform objective reviews on all documentation encountered during performance of duties
- Possess the energy, experience, and subject matter expertise to demonstrate sound judgment, foresight and problem solving skills in a fast-pace S&T RDT&E environment
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills; demonstrating an ability to communicate, interact easily and effectively with a wide variety of individuals and echelons in both written and verbal forms
- Manage and maintain detailed information and documentation
- Possess excellent research and data-gathering skills with an ability to interpret/analyze complex information within operational Research & Development (R&D) / S&T environments
- Work independently, as well as in a team environment, within the bounds and guidelines of the organization
- Active TS/SCI
- Subject to a random counter-intelligence scope polygraphs as a condition of access eligibility.
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information System with at least 8 years of specific, demonstrable, and successful experience.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems may substitute for 4 years of relevant experience.
- Qualifying, relevant experience includes demonstrated recent experience in performing such functions on a contract or in an organization that provides such support to a Federal entity or private corporation and includes an understanding of database system standards and methodologies and business applications
- IAM Level III strongly preferred but not required.
- Limited travel within the region
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Meet Some of System High's Employees
Chief Human Capital Officer
Sarah has been charged by the CEO as being responsible for looking after the personal and professional wellbeing of each and every System High team member.
Back to top