DARPA - Security Assistant - 0004
Number of Openings 1
Clearance Top Secret/SCI Required
Security Assistants (SA) perform a vital administrative security support function by providing direct access control to secure areas; ensuring consistent and efficient processing and distribution of security-related documentation; the maintenance and monitoring of calendar schedules; monitoring suspense items; conducting document quality reviews; scheduling presentation of special taskings; accepting deliveries of classified and unclassified materials (reports, presentations, etc); and, the management and administration of supporting databases.
Security Assistants provide administrative support across all functional areas to assure the maintenance of records and files, the preparation and distribution of mail, correspondence, reports, and other documents, and the maintenance of a suspense date file. These efforts include the development, review, analysis, and preparation of ad hoc reports, spreadsheets, charts, graphs, and narratives.
The SA duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, conduct, analyze, evaluate, and report security issues
- Generate and maintain databases that reflect receipt, storage, inventory and disposition of information; to include data entry, updates, and generation of reports
- Conduct audits/inventories to ensure proper control and/or accountability
- Assist in the inspection, inventory, logging, storage, and internal distribution of information received
- Maintain and document personnel security programs, to include databases for all collateral, SAP, and SCI personnel
- Review and analyze requests for information
- Assist in the preparation and execution of security directives and security guides
- Assist in reviewing customer security regulations and procedures and determine methods of implementation
- Participate in security reviews, security incident investigations and preliminary inquiries, and surveys, as required
- Assist with implementing the Security Education Awareness training program
- Develop security education bulletins, directives, security plans, procedures and controls as required
- Prepare and protect security files, records and other information
- Perform entry, exit, visit processing, and escorting
- Conduct end-of-day security checks and performing other security administrative functions as requested
- Conduct indoctrination and debriefings, as required
- Provide day-to-day access control management of supported facilities
- Coordination of conferences and meetings at local and other supported facilities
- Perform files management functions for office to which assigned
- Perform calendar management functions for assigned offices
- Perform the following duties related to documents and media:
- Manage and update Document Control Center (DCC) procedures, and conduct DCC training
- Prepare packages & documentation for transmission via appropriate channels
- Pick-up and deliver selected items to local US Postal Service (USPS)
- Receive and account for all USPS registered and Express mail
- Maintain document control/accountability databases
- Maintain magnetic and optical media, and perform annual inventories and reconciliation
- Document and perform proper disposal of documents and magnetic media
- Perform document archiving
- Conduct secure Electronic Data Transfer service (EDTS) operations
- Perform self-inspections, identify security discrepancies, and report security incidents
- Provide the proper protection for privacy information
- Develop and/or maintain administrative methods and procedures for an office
- Maintain and follow-up on suspense records for correspondence or action items
- Prepare a wide variety of correspondence, reports and other documents
- Establish, update, and develop inclusive administrative office procedures and methods
- Gather information, verify facts, and assemble background materials, reference material, and reports for executive level officials for meetings and conferences
- Establish and manage workflow staffing process
- Assist with new employee processing and indoctrinations to the respective SID offices;
- Support the coordination of executive correspondence/products to resolve issues/obtain concurrences for planned actions; receive guidance on choosing appropriate courses of policy/programmatic or administrative actions
- Make recommendations for process improvements
- Other duties as assigned.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Top Secret/SCI Required
Educational and Position Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in related field preferred. Preferably 3+ years experience.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Knowledge of DoD and DARPA policy and guidance preferred
- Knowledge of Specialist Access Programs (SAP)
- Ability to handle difficult and demanding customers in order to mutually resolve issues.
- Anticipate customer needs to provide a high level of service.
- Develop highly effective relationships with customers at all levels in order to develop mutually acceptable expectations.
- Foster a broad network of diverse stakeholders, experts, and decision makers to share ideas/resources, rally support, and create synergies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Superior verbal/written communication ability and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top