Cyber Security Systems Administrator - 0008
Supporting Confidential Client
Number of Openings 1
Clearance TS/SCI required
The Cyber Security Systems Administrator will develop and maintain technical expertise of all local area network and other systems. Ongoing knowledge of ICD 503 RMF and JSIG in accordance with National Security Networks working within SAPF and SCIF facilities.
The Cyber Security Systems Administrator will perform the following responsibilities:
- Maintain, coordinate, and update all automated information systems security plans and proposals.
- Create user accounts and passwords.
- Provide new user training on all systems.
- Develop and apply Information Assurance/ Cybersecurity principles, policies, practices, standards, and controls, to included application of Risk Management Framework (RMF), relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation.
- Provide reports and training on the automated information systems programs and any operational security issues and associated risks, mitigation strategies, and resolutions.
- Perform network system security audits.
- Perform virus software updates and manage virus repairs.
- Perform system back-ups.
- Configure network and standalone hardware in accordance with local security guidance.
- Install and maintain software approval.
- Perform the duties of the Information Technology Equipment ITE Custodian and Equipment Custodian on an as needed basis.
- Perform duties of an Information Assurance Officer.
- Perform Communication Security (COMSEC) duties.
- Perform host and network based security control assessments, determine residual security risk, prepare assessment test reports, prepare and assess test plans, and provide formal recommendations in support of authorization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Knowledge of SAP, SCI, and Collateral information required.
- Knowledge of System Security Plans (SSP), System Change Requests (SCR), Interim Approvals to Operate (IATOs), Approvals to Operate (ATO), SIMS.
- Knowledge of Video Teleconference (VTC) Services duties.
- Experience with network infrastructure and Windows based platforms required.
- Knowledge of day-to-day operational services of the program to include: courier services, meeting/conference services, security core compliance inspection services, document control services, alarm custodian and testing services, security education services, and security incident management services.
- Experience with Linux is strongly preferred.
- Ability to identify systemic security issues based on the analysis of vulnerability and configuration data.
- Use knowledge and experience to look at a situation objectively, setting aside any biases, and determining the best long-term solution.
- Ability to interface with difficult clients and engage in a constructive manner
- Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- Independent self-starter, proactive and professional assertive
- Demonstrate creative thinking, problem solving, and analytical techniques
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
- IAT Level I Certification must be obtained within 6 months
- Information Assurance Concepts and Essentials course certification will be required within six months
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Three (3) years relevant IT experience with a degree or seven (7) years relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- Bachelors degree in related IT field preferred.
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Meet Some of System High's Employees
Chief Human Capital Officer
Sarah has been charged by the CEO as being responsible for looking after the personal and professional wellbeing of each and every System High team member.
Back to top