CSSP Analyst - 0013
Number of Openings 1
The CSSP Anlayst shall support the government with establishing policies and procedures by developing instructions, guidance, manuals, standard operating procedures, and business processes for operating a MDA SAP CSSP. Included shall be the suite of tools, data requirements, and operating procedures to manage, monitor, analyze, detect, report, and archive the cybersecurity posture of MDA SAP information systems in accordance with Federal and DOD regulatory guidance and industry best practices tailored to MDA's SAP community.
Duties include, but not limited to:
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Defend against unauthorized activity within MDA SAP computer networks.
- Provide recommendations for the planning, coordination, direction, and implementation of a component-wide CND monitor, analyze, and detect to the SAP SISO.
- Monitor external data sources (e.g. CND vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, SAMS, Security Focus) to maintain currency of CND threat conditions and determine which security issues may be an impact of the network environment or enclave.
- Monitor internal data sources (e.g., individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection system logs, etc.) to maintain currency of normal vs disrupted conditions.
- Coordinate with SAP ISO, ISSO, and/or SA team to validate alerts or anomalous activity.
- Use data collection from the suite of CND /CSSP tools to analyze events that occur within MDA SAP Information Systems.
- Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources to determine possible cause
- Characterize analyzed alerts in terms of threat sources, exposed vulnerabilities, and residual risk
- Perform event correlation and trend and pattern analysis
- Generate a monthly report containing the results of analysis
- Notify cybersecurity professionals of known or suspected incidents, threats, and vulnerabilities with recommendations for mitigating risk
- Adjust CSSP tools to increase monitoring, analysis , and detection breadth and reliability; continuously enhance automation
- Generate a monthly report including common CSSP metrics
- Generate a quarterly report including recommended cybersecurity detection and prevention
- Support the communication of findings, metrics, and reports both up and down the chain of command
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top