- Huntsville, AL
LocationHuntsville Supporting Full-Time/Part-Time -unspecified- Number of Openings1 ClearanceTS/SCI Description
The CSSP Analyst shall support the government with establishing policies and procedures by developing instructions, guidance, manuals, standard operating procedures, and business processes for operating a MDA SAP CSSP. Included shall be the suite of tools, data requirements, and operating procedures to manage, monitor, analyze, detect, report, and archive the cybersecurity posture of MDA SAP information systems in accordance with Federal and DOD regulatory guidance and industry best practices tailored to MDA's SAP community.
Duties include, but not limited to:
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Defend against unauthorized activity within MDA SAP computer networks.
- Provide recommendations for the planning, coordination, direction, and implementation of a component-wide CND monitor, analyze, and detect to the SAP SISO.
- Monitor external data sources (e.g. CND vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, SAMS, Security Focus) to maintain currency of CND threat conditions and determine which security issues may be an impact of the network environment or enclave.
- Monitor internal data sources (e.g., individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection system logs, etc.) to maintain currency of normal vs disrupted conditions.
- Coordinate with SAP ISO, ISSO, and/or SA team to validate alerts or anomalous activity.
- Use data collection from the suite of CND /CSSP tools to analyze events that occur within MDA SAP Information Systems.
- Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources to determine possible cause
- Characterize analyzed alerts in terms of threat sources, exposed vulnerabilities, and residual risk
- Perform event correlation and trend and pattern analysis
- Generate a monthly report containing the results of analysis
- Notify cybersecurity professionals of known or suspected incidents, threats, and vulnerabilities with recommendations for mitigating risk
- Adjust CSSP tools to increase monitoring, analysis , and detection breadth and reliability; continuously enhance automation
- Generate a monthly report including common CSSP metrics
- Generate a quarterly report including recommended cybersecurity detection and prevention
- Support the communication of findings, metrics, and reports both up and down the chain of command
- 5 years of IT experience, with 2 years of dedicated CND analysis technology experience.
- CSSP Analyst Certification
- Limited travel within the region
This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that are not listed in this job description.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
System High Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Additional Information About the OrganizationFrom our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career. EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top