Adjudicator - 0015
Location Washington, DC
Number of Openings 1
Clearance Active TS/SCI required
The Adjudicator will perform TIER II SAP Access Eligibility Determination reviews, in accordance with DoD 5220.22-M-Supp I, JFAN 6/4.
The Adjudicator will perform the following responsibilities:
- Reviews and updates as required: TIER 1 and TIER II office policies and procedures
- Initiates the process for determining a candidate's access eligibility
- Performs TIER I and TIER II SAP access eligibility determinations
- Inputs, as appropriate, TIER I & II access eligibility determinations results into relevant database(s)
- Monitors and tracks personnel security actions until complete
- Responds to incoming eligibility determination requests and reports
- Reviews and remains current on the personnel security standards appropriate to the classification level of the programs for which access is being requested
- Prepares request for waiver and/or exception documentation and initiate staffing for approval
- Coordinates access approval or denial process with appropriate access approval authority
- Prepares documentation, as required, to notify appropriate personnel of access approval or denial and staff for PPR approval;
- Conducts indoctrination briefings and processing of relevant documentation (e.g., SAP indoctrination agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and polygraph agreements)
- Updates program access lists or rosters in appropriate database(s) following indoctrination
- Provides advice to the Program Security Officer (PSO) relating to the access eligibility review process and guidelines regarding TIER II issues, including the procedures to be followed in the appeal processes
- Provides proper protection for privacy Information
- Reviews contractor personnel security investigation documentation and makes adjudicative recommendations based on case review of the candidate's background investigation in accordance with DoD and other applicable adjudicative guidelines
- Prepares disapproval notification and mails to Subjects in a separate, "To Be Opened Only By" envelope, which is enclosed in an envelope addressed to Subject's Facility Security Officer (FSO)
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Knowledge of TIER II SAP Access Eligibility Determination reviews, in accordance with DoD 5220.22-M-Supp I, JFAN 6/4.
- Ability to interface with difficult clients and engage in a constructive manner
- Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- Independent self-starter, proactive and professional assertive
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- Minimum Associate degree in Security, Administration, Business Administration or related field with two (2) years of related experience; or, no degree with a minimum of four (4) years' experience in personnel security
- SAP experience strongly desired
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Back to top