Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist - Corporate
Supporting Corporate Headquarters
Number of Openings 1
Clearance No clearance Required. Ability to obtain a Top Secret government security clearance is desired
Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of Accounts Payable functions for the organization. The position reports to the Accounting Supervisor, and provides support to all departments relating to accounts payable needs. The Accounts Payable Specialist must have excellent problem solving/judgment skills and exceptional attention to detail and accuracy. Must be able to work independently with little supervision and make decisions with minimum direction. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, growing environment and must have a high sense of urgency to meet deadlines in a timely manner. Ability to think and work effectively under pressure yet within processes. This position has heavy contact with employees and vendors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily:
- Review all vendor invoices for appropriate amount, account coding, approval and documentation prior to payment
- Enter all vendor invoices into the Accounting system (Cost Point 7)
- Review and process employee reimbursements. Ensure timely processing of all transactions.
- Prepare/Process the Accounts Payable weekly check run. Gather detailed information for each accounts payable check for audit, legal and reference purposes.
- Ensure payments are issued in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage Vendor File Maintenance; file paid invoices in a timely manner, update AP vendor file with current address, phone numbers and terms
- Validate vendor statements and inquiries, investigate discrepancies.
- Prepare and file IRS Form 1099
- Maintain and update spreadsheet for Expense Report, Tuition and Professional Development reimbursements
- Reconcile Credit Card statements
- Assist with financial and DCAA audits
- The following accounting experience is desired:
- Experience (working knowledge) with Costpoint (version 7 desired but not necessary)
- Experience and background in Accounting (specifically Accounts Payable)
- Processing Expense Reports: Working knowledge of JTR/FTR
- Reconciling Credit Card Statements
- Preparing Weekly Check Run
- Preparing Monthly Account Reconciliations
- Supporting Financial Audits
- Customer Relations knowledge in trouble-shooting with clients, payment offices, POCs and our internal System High staff
- Other duties may apply
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to think and work effectively under pressure
- Strong MS Office skills to include Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- Strong problem solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts and technologies quickly.
- Ability to evaluate overall architecture of an application, looking for structural quality, best practices, code quality, etc.
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Dependability is a must
No Clearance Required.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret government security clearance is desired
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
- High School Diploma required. Business degree preferred but not required
- 0-2 years of accounting experience
About the Organization From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Meet Some of System High's Employees
Chief Human Capital Officer
Sarah has been charged by the CEO as being responsible for looking after the personal and professional wellbeing of each and every System High team member.
Back to top