US0073 Sysco Hampton Roads, Inc.
This is an Operations position responsible for moving trucks and trailers in and out of dock doors for loading and unloading.
- Collaborates with the loaders and supervision to move trucks and trailers from one location to another according to door assignments.
- Checks to ensure that each unit is sealed and that the refrigeration unit is operating correctly and running.
- Moves trucks and trailers from dock to dock as needed to complete the loading process.
- Ensures the trailer or truck is completely loaded and secured before moving from the dock area.
- Works with transportation management to ensure the proper equipment is used on the proper route.
- Works closely with fleet shop management to ensure any repairs are finished before using the equipment.
- Help keep truck parking yard free of debris and trash.
- Arranges trucks and trailers on the yard in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Moves trucks and trailers for receiving when needed.
- Less than high school education.
- 1 year of warehouse or transportation experience preferred.
- Truck backing experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
- Pallet Jack and Forklift Certification from Sysco.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Able to print and speak simple sentences.
- Can add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Capable of computing rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Follows instructions, and responds to management direction.
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Inspires the trust of others.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Tactfully approaches others.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to stand; walk, bend; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and extreme cold.
- Frequently exposed to high, precarious places.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.